LEM Conversions fr the P30L and P2000

Thread: LEM Conversions fr the P30L and P2000

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default LEM Conversions fr the P30L and P2000

I'm currently debating whether or not to convert my P2000 and P30L to the LEM 4.1 triggers. Is it worth the expense of the additional parts? How difficult is it for the everyday shooter to do? At some point I had planned on sending both guns to Lazy Wolf Guns for his action jobs, should I have him install the conversion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did my p30l, i think it was worth it. Not sure how difficult it would be for you. It was tedious but there are enough references to follow. i would suggest having an extra hand or small vice to hold the frame. You could also do the gray guns short reset kit.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden528 View Post
    I'm currently debating whether or not to convert my P2000 and P30L to the LEM 4.1 triggers. Is it worth the expense of the additional parts? How difficult is it for the everyday shooter to do? At some point I had planned on sending both guns to Lazy Wolf Guns for his action jobs, should I have him install the conversion?
    I did the 4.1 conversion to my P30L and our two P30SK's. If you are mechanically inclined, it's not hard, only fiddly. If you have any doubts, have some one else do it -- firearm safety is too important to take a chance on screwing it up.

Is it worth it? For me, no question. I've done the same mod on a couple of my USPs. That said, go to a gun store or find a friend with an LEM to see whether you like it (doesn't matter the model, the triggers all feel about the same for the purpose of deciding whether you like the LEM concept). For me, it's the ideal carry trigger.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A friend and really knowledgeable HK guy on this forum installed a 4.1 trigger on my P2000 , which came originally with a V2 trigger . I really like the improvement .

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden528 View Post
    It sounds like you are not mechanically inclined. Give yourself peace of mind, and spend the extra coin and let LWG do it for you with no regrets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Relatively inclined, but no work space or appropriate tools currently. Last time I took apart on of my guns on the work bench at my office the wife and mother in-law got mad. My mechanics were intrigued though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LWG has had my P30L for 19 months, still waiting..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ddd727 View Post
    LWG has had my P30L for 19 months, still waiting..........
    Good Lord... what are you having done?
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Instructor
    USN 1989-98

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just a trigger job, parts coated, LEM reset package and new sights installed. GGI did my VP9 in less than six weeks while Rick was there. Worst part is lack of comms. BTW ANF, GO HAWKS!

Sponsored Links