VP9 issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: VP9 issues

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Might try 124 gr, lots of loadings/projectile types from target to duty use.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    If this is a patrol duty pistol, why are you contacting HK yourself? Isn't the correct way to contact your Chief, your department armorer, and have the department handle this in official way?

It’s not a department owned gun, it’s mine. We’re authorized to carry from an approved list. So the department isn’t going to touch it.
    Last edited by ach2068; 02-09-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bspring1 View Post
    Might try 124 gr, lots of loadings/projectile types from target to duty use.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net
    It’s ran 115 through 147’s fine with no issue for the last year. I’m thinking that was more of a bad batch type of situation. I’ve since taken it and put another 250 through it without issue. Duty use we’re only authorized 147 gr in 4 different makes/models though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ach2068 View Post
    Well I feel dumb, thanks guys.
    Holy smokes. I wouldn't feel dumb at all. I wasn't aware of this "condition" with this pistol and I wouldn't have suspected it. I learned something. Thanks for the creating the thread.
    rolandlisalaura likes this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It’s not a department owned gun, it’s mine. We’re authorized to carry from an approved list. So the department isn’t going to touch it.
    I’m assuming you have something else to carry on duty.. If it were me, I’d contact HK, tell them what’s going on, send it to them (assuming they want to see it) and when you get it back, get rid of it, maybe look at a P-30 ( duty holster you have for the VP may work with P-30, mags will) or maybe just move into another platform that doesn’t do this..like Glock..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I'd experienced what you did, I wouldn't carry a VP9 on duty anymore and just leave it at home. Have you tried any of HK's hammer options? Perhaps something with the LEM?

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The gun is on a department-approved list. Whether the department likes it or not, the minute they approve a gun for duty, they are involved. Your responsibility, at the minimum, is to report it to your chief so the gun is off the list and other officers aren't exposed to the risk until this matter is resolved. I hope you do understand that you yourself and your department can be exposed to liabilities for either not reporting the problem or not addressing it if there were an adverse outcome due to this malfunction. So the department must take some action and once there is a formal order to suspend the gun, it is an official action that can and should be conveyed to HK.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Please let us know what HK says and does for you. I would think they would be all over getting this addressed since you are LE.
    rolandlisalaura likes this.
    HK - No Compromise

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Having this thread deleted due to duplicate threads over same topic.
    It is not the same topic. Other threads have been criticized for the experiments being contrived, hammer, work bench, etc. Yours is the first report where striker drop happened during a normal duty use.
    cornstalker likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VP9 issues

When I can carry I almost always carry a VP9 Never had any issues except one primer which sizzled but did not ignite the powder. I waited 30 seconds before ejecting the round. Looks like primer was put in incorrectly. I have tried numerous rounds and have racked up over 5k rounds now.

I have not had any 9mm ammo issues with my VP9. I have fired the follow rounds.

For SD I have fired at least 50 rounds of these types of ammo:

Winchester 124gr +P T-Series
    Winchester 147gr Q4364
    Winchester 147gr SXT
    Remington 147gr Golden Saber bonded
    Remington 124gr +P Golden Saber bonded
    Speer 124gr Standard Pressure Gold Dots
    Speer 124gr +P Gold Dots
    Hornady 135gr +P Critical Duty
    Federal 124gr HST
    Federal 147gr +P HST
    Winchester 147gr Range T