• 8 Post By Marine0303
  • 1 Post By hoghunter
  • 1 Post By airforce1
  • 1 Post By AGG

Thread: P7 price snapshot 2020 1Q

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P7 price snapshot 2020 1Q

I am considering a shooter P7, not NIB and not looking for a display piece. If possible, I would really like to hear some thoughts about price trends and/or what I should expect to pay here in 1Q 2020. It seems like most of what I see for sale is NIB, like new, never shot, etc. I plan to shoot it and prefer to find one that has been used, not stored.

Something that has been refinished may be acceptable also. Only interested in 9mm.

My first choice would be a P7M13.
    Second choice would be P7M8.
    Third choice - earlier models with heel mag release.

Possible to find M13 for $2000?
    M8 for $1500?

thoughts? thanks in advance

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I dont think youll be finding them very easily in your price range. increase your numbers by $600-$800 and your in a more realistic range for those. You might get lucky and find one in your range but it would be a waiting game. I bought a p7m8 last year that was used at cabelas and ended up negotiating it to $1600.

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)

Prices are only going to go up and finding excellent examples will only get harder. These pistols, especially the more rare ones will continue to command top dollar. Sure, you can still find better deals than what you often see as starting prices on GunBroker, but with the guns out of production and the secret out, the days of getting "great deals" are over. The serious collectors stockpile these like gold bars. Even when an owner decides to let one go, unless he's completely out of touch with the market, he's going to want top dollar too.
    Lots of people then say, "I'm looking for a shooter grade", but I would caution you. Having these pistols cross my workbench every week, I can tell you that buying the best quality one is almost always the best option. As with the pistols being out of production, so are the parts. Go to the known parts suppliers here in the US and you'll see almost everything out of stock. That means that pistol that you saved a few hundred dollars on, once you get it home and crack it open, might need a few hundred dollars of replacement parts you can't source.
    My advice, don't just get one now, get two. Get two of the nicest ones you can find. Sell off all of other silly guns you have in order to make the purchases. Most guys have several Glocks, etc. Those guns are like Toyota Camry's and will never pull in the kind of enjoyment and return on investment long term like an air cooled Porsche 911. It's the same with the P7 series.
    Last edited by Marine0303; 02-10-2020 at 09:47 PM.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    Prices are only going to go up and finding excellent examples will only get harder. These pistols, especially the more rare ones will continue to command top dollar. Sure, you can still find better deals than what you often see as starting prices on GunBroker, but with the guns out of production and the secret out, the days of getting "great deals" are over. The serious collectors stockpile these like gold bars. Even when an owner decides to let one go, unless he's completely out of touch with the market, he's going to want top dollar too.
    Lots of people then say, "I'm looking for a shooter grade", but I would caution you. Having these pistols cross my workbench every week, I can tell you that buying the best quality one is almost always the best option. As with the pistols being out of production, so are the parts. Go to the known parts suppliers here in the US and you'll see almost everything out of stock. That means that pistol that you saved a few hundred dollars on, once you get it home and crack it open, might need a few hundred dollars of replacement parts you can't source.
    My advice, don't just get one now, get two. Get two of the nicest ones you can find. Sell off all of other silly guns you have in order to make the purchases. Most guys have several Glocks, etc. Those guns are like Toyota Camry's and will never pull in the kind of enjoyment and return on investment long term like an air cooled Porsche 911. It's the same with the P7 series.
    Excellent advice. This is exactly what I’ve done. I found two M8s recently that were in fantastic shape and snatched them up & sold many of my “silly guns” to afford them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marine0303 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice used M13's are selling easy 27-2800 on GB. Collector grades are low 3's to 3500.

Nice M8's I've seen go for 18-1900, more for collector.

It seems like the prices are slightly better here, you just have to be patient and wait for the right one to come along because it's a smaller market.

I haven't been a P7 owner very long but they are piling up in my safe recently...

Marine0303's comment about buying a rough one/El Cheapo makes a whole lotta sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just recently got one on Armslist with no box and 2 mags for $1400 it’s the P7 with heel release but that’s ok I just wanted it to shoot at the range. They are out there you just gotta keep looking and hope one comes up for a reasonable price and jump 9n it. I seen the ad on Armslist from a pawnshop that took credit cards with no fees so called them the next morning when they opened and it was on the way that day.

I agree with everyone else they just keep going up in price. I was thinking about buying another one but probably won’t seeing the one I have suits my purpose. I don’t buy them as an investment but to shoot and have fun with them. I bought a colt python that was mint until I got my hands on it lol.

Good luck you won’t be disappointed in any variant you buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    Came here for the air cooled Porsche comment :)

I see people gravitating towards the lower priced P7s (the Porsche 944) and see the associated price inflation. I bought mine with box and tools for $900 back in the day and now see them for sale in the $1300-$1600 depending on condition and accessories.

I have been following ads and see the price of entry for nicely cared P7M8s for $2K or more.

Good luck with your search!
    Last edited by airforce1; 02-24-2020 at 01:24 AM.
    Marine0303 likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

You will have to search and be patient to find reasonable prices!!!

Tony
    oberlin1 likes this.

Sponsored Links