Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: USP 45 Compared to the HK45 ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default USP 45 Compared to the HK45 ?

DA/SA Triggers
    Mechanical Accuracy at 25 yards ?

Times shooting drills or qualifications ?
    *I had a USP 45 a few years ago... but never did any timed drills with it when I had it.

Thinking of getting one again and using it for Carry now and than.
    I like the DA/SA Triggers on HK's and do well with the HK45 & 45c P30L & P30
    Starting using a timer 2 years ago and now think just as much about time as accuracy shooting.

Thanks for any info !
    Last edited by Kano; 02-10-2020 at 08:33 PM.
    Guns kill people the same way spoons make you fat.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I have and shoot both in DA/SA, but I prefer the USP45 over the HK45 because I like the blocky grip with the edges and the more aggressive texture. Better purchase, better feel, better accuracy.

With the USP45, I've punched 2-3 inch groupings 15-18 yards out, two-hand shooting, slow relaxed fire.

With the HK45, it's about 3-4 inch groupings, same distance, same style shooting. But the gun, despite the ergo batman grip with the light sand paper texture, tended to slip in my hand shot-to-shot at time. Found that to be annoying.
    NUARTYBOY likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

At some point, when I can find a good deal, I'll get a USP45 just to have one as an HK collector.

Having shot both, and owning a few HK45s, I prefer the ergos of the HK45, though the USP45 is ok to me.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

The USP 45 is better out of the box, but with some work, the HK45 can be better as an overall package. The HK45 has better ergos.
    Add some match trigger parts, maybe convert to LEM, and the fact that it shares the same sight cut as the P30/VP9 and has a pic rail really opens up a lot of options.
    azimuth likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just ordered a Hk45C LEM V7. Hope to get it soon. It’ll be (believe it or not) my first .45. Up to this point I’ve only been working with 9mm and .40 in my HK’s. Excited to have a .45 Hk in my collection and use it for edc from time to time too. Good choice?? This HK addiction is a real thing (sickness). But dang. Such quality!!!!!!!!!
    PorterM likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

One more question. I’ve ordered an AIWB holster for this gun (Hk45c LEM V7). If the mold the holster maker uses is designed for a V3 model will it have a empty space where the safety/decocker lever would be?? If it does will it still fit correctly (since retention is on the trigger guard primarily)??? I’m worried it might and not be proper with a void in the fit where the lever would be. Thoughts???

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

USP45 > HK45!!!

Tony
    D9M9TR9S and NUARTYBOY like this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jslow View Post
    One more question. I’ve ordered an AIWB holster for this gun (Hk45c LEM V7). If the mold the holster maker uses is designed for a V3 model will it have a empty space where the safety/decocker lever would be?? If it does will it still fit correctly (since retention is on the trigger guard primarily)??? I’m worried it might and not be proper with a void in the fit where the lever would be. Thoughts???
    I own both the USP 45 and the HK45 and I am not aware of any holster where this would be an issue.That being said, I have 4 holsters for each gun, hardly a large sampling. Congrats on the new pistol, IMO the HK45 (and the P2000) are the most underrated HK pistols. It amazes me how many people can't see past the magazine size and just go for the USP.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PorterM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jslow View Post
    I own both the USP 45 and the HK45 and I am not aware of any holster where this would be an issue.That being said, I have 4 holsters for each gun, hardly a large sampling. Congrats on the new pistol, IMO the HK45 (and the P2000) are the most underrated HK pistols. It amazes me how many people can't see past the magazine size and just go for the USP.
    Thank you. I agree, it’s the ergonomics and feel of carry of the p2000 series that draws me to them. Since the Hk45c’s frame/grip mimics the p2000 series it’s kind of a no brainer for me to go with it. I can get the extended 10 round magazine. Or the USP mag and get an xgrip gap filler and have more rounds. That’s what I did for me p2000sk’s with p30 and p2000 mags.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Have shot both, mechanical accuracy is a wash, for me the USP Compact 45 offers a better trigger and better grip, can't go wrong with either, both are great fighting hand guns!
    WolfieRules and PorterM like this.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links