vp9 trigger pre-travel reduction
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: vp9 trigger pre-travel reduction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default vp9 trigger pre-travel reduction

picked up a VP9 a few weeks ago and after some range time (and back to back with my Ruger SR9C) I am finding the long pre-travel of the trigger to be a problem for me in consistency, accuracy and safety. safety because I am used to the 0 pre-travel ruger trigger and so I know with that gun not to put any trigger pressure until I am ready to fire, but with the VP9 I have to take up all the pre-travel before deciding to fire.

basically the SR9C is a single stage trigger and the VP9 is a 2 stage. on my handguns and rifles I prefer single stage.

is there a kit available to limit or adjust pre-travel on the VP9 trigger, or a single stage kit? not finding much beyond lazy wolf which seems more geared towards overtravel...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The Lobos trigger has a 20-30% reduction in pretravel, Lazy Wolf may as well. Some pretravel is necessary for trigger reset operation.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net
    baggins likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes, the Lobos trigger definitely reduces pre-travel. It also gives a shorter reset. I've got them on both my VP9 and VP9sk and really like the results I get. I've never shot a Lazy Wolf trigger, but hear good things about them.
    baggins likes this.
    Mark
    HK VP9SK
    HK VP9
    Taurus Judge
    Charter Arms .38 Off Duty Special
    Beretta Model 1935

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Not to be a prick here...but coming from a Ruger SR9C there is this thing called "practice" that definitely comes into play before you go changing things.....don't start swapping stuff until you put the effort in on the factory trigger or else you are just seeking some unicorn at the end of the rainbow. If Ken Hackathorn can give kudos to the factory trigger, I sincerely doubt you can question it before you get some trigger time in on the VP9....good luck and best wishes and don't mess a good thing up! Cheers.....straight advice from a straight shooter!
    dms16, Marine0303 and PC7 like this.
    Heckler & Koch Shooting Team
    Heckler & Koch Certified Armorer

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

A single-stage/no pre-travel striker fire...

bystok, Username, PC7 and 1 others like this.

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)

Practice, train, and repeat. If HK wanted you to have a better trigger, they would have given you one.
    bystok likes this.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bystok View Post
    Not to be a prick here...but coming from a Ruger SR9C there is this thing called "practice" that definitely comes into play before you go changing things.....don't start swapping stuff until you put the effort in on the factory trigger or else you are just seeking some unicorn at the end of the rainbow. If Ken Hackathorn can give kudos to the factory trigger, I sincerely doubt you can question it before you get some trigger time in on the VP9....good luck and best wishes and don't mess a good thing up! Cheers.....straight advice from a straight shooter!
    well, hard not to be a prick with an opening like that....

yeah, I "practice", and yes, while I am new to this gun (only about 200 rounds through it so far) I am not new to shooting, been doing for about 30 years, M9, M16, ARs, hunting rifles, plinkers, various semi-auto pistols etc... got my expert marksman badge on 2 weapons in basic training back in the day.

perhaps I was exaggerating WRT the SR9C having _no_ pre travel, it has a little, but compared to the the VP9 it is insignificant to the point on not being noticeable (as in just laying your finger on the trigger and depressing the trigger safety blade results in taking up what little pre-travel there is.)

perhaps I offended your sensibilities by comparing an SR9C to the perfection that is the VP9.

vs the VP9 where there is a noticeably long and high effort pre-travel.

I get it HK is perfect and all that crap, but for me that excessive and excessively heavy pre-travel is an issue.

so back to my original question - are there any trigger kits out there other than lazy wolf (which seems more over travel oriented) or lobos (who's website makes me wonder if they are still in business)?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Lobos can be hard to contact at times, I have installed dozens of their triggers and Lazy Wolf over the last few years along with trigger work. They both reduce some of the take up slack, a very good job in eliminating over travel for a shorter reset. Pick the style that works for you.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net
    baggins likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bspring1 View Post
    Lobos can be hard to contact at times, I have installed dozens of their triggers and Lazy Wolf over the last few years along with trigger work. They both reduce some of the take up slack, a very good job in eliminating over travel for a shorter reset. Pick the style that works for you.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net
    Thanks Bill!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baggins View Post
    picked up a VP9 a few weeks ago and after some range time (and back to back with my Ruger SR9C) I am finding the long pre-travel of the trigger to be a problem for me in consistency, accuracy and safety. safety because I am used to the 0 pre-travel ruger trigger and so I know with that gun not to put any trigger pressure until I am ready to fire, but with the VP9 I have to take up all the pre-travel before deciding to fire.

basically the SR9C is a single stage trigger and the VP9 is a 2 stage. on my handguns and rifles I prefer single stage.

is there a kit available to limit or adjust pre-travel on the VP9 trigger, or a single stage kit? not finding much beyond lazy wolf which seems more geared towards overtravel...
    Oh....there's another thread on using the VP9 as a hammer.....

May want to look it over before finishing your deck with it.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links