VP9 Match Barrel - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: VP9 Match Barrel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post

B) I'll raise RedPill's stakes and say 100% that anyone asking this question (especially about crappy range ammo) can't out-shoot their gun. (placed in parenthesis because of additional qualifier)

C) ...

D) If you're a 4" group @ 25 and your gun is 2" capable in a Ransom, this does not mean it's now a 6" combination....you just can't hope for better than 4" until you improve. 1" ain't going to happen in this arena. ...
    B - then you would incorrect in responding to my post.

D- that is not what I suggested in my math. That may be my fault in using such small numbers to show relativity.

The answer to the question - could have been,"no barrel is out yet that improves accuracy of VP9 (especially with crappy range ammo)." (additional qualifier added back in)

I didn't see a question of how to become a better shooter. I guess I was looking for an answer to the question being asked, and I eventually found it (thank you everyone). That's why my 1911's (among other handguns) will stay serviceable.

*edit: mentioned the qualifier raised in original post.
    Last edited by JasperGTR; 02-20-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JasperGTR View Post
    While I agree with your premise of training, a better barrel can help anyone narrow a grouping by a given margin.

But to justify my statement a little - if a barrel shoots 2" groups at 25 yds, and a shooter can shoot a 3" group with it, then it is possible that if a better barrel that can hold 1" group at 25 yds, that it could improve the shooter's group to about 2". (I just chose round numbers to say that if you can improve in certain points of certain things by merely switching equipment, then why not?)

If the difference is quantifiable, then the OP (and others) might benefit.
    If you think it’s as simple as you imply, you’re spending too much time with mental masturbation and not enough time actually training. I doubt OP is shooting 3” groups at 25. I doubt you are either.

Furthermore, barrels don’t magically “be more accurate”. Some barrels shoot some loads better than others. The difference between a barrel capable of 4 MOA and 6 MOA isn’t going to improve the scores of OP.

Further, a “match” barrel is very subjective as a descriptor. Most idiots are buying barrels to add “bling” to their pistol. Because looking cool is more important than putting in hard work and training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WolfieRules likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    If you think it’s as simple as you imply, you’re spending too much time with mental masturbation and not enough time actually training. I doubt OP is shooting 3” groups at 25. I doubt you are either.

Furthermore, barrels don’t magically “be more accurate”. Some barrels shoot some loads better than others. The difference between a barrel capable of 4 MOA and 6 MOA isn’t going to improve the scores of OP.

Further, a “match” barrel is very subjective as a descriptor. Most idiots are buying barrels to add “bling” to their pistol. Because looking cool is more important than putting in hard work and training.
    Again, I agree with your premise of an independent vendor stamping whatever they want on any barrel. But that wasn't the discussion. In fact, this is EXACTLY another type of discussion I hoped to see - which vendor (like Silencerco, etc...) shows the best accuracy with which types of ammo (based on reports or experiences)...

But making assumptions about one's abilities doesn't help some interested members. There is no need to qualify my shooting ability, nor does it weigh in this discussion. But I assure you, 3" is well within my capabilities. I wouldn't be where I am today if I could not do that. But where exactly is irrelevant. I could just be a keyboard marksman ( lol! just made that up - I thought it was funny) ... Or I could be a distinguished pistol shot. Both are irrelevant though, aren't they? A barrel either is or isn't better suited (more accurate in this instance) for certain loads in a certain gun made by a certain vendor, etc...

My apologies for parsing that out. I just read about a 9 page thread on here about somebody shooting left at 25yds, and saw only handful of people suggesting drifting the rear sight. One of my H&K USP9's was off high and to the left. Replaced factory sights with adjustables, re-zeroed, and it has been GREAT after that. So what were the other 8 pages? (What appeared to have been) Unsolicited marksmanship training classes.

*Edit - on that same thread - a couple posts were about H&K's sight picture, as if the height of the front sight has anything to do with shooting to the left.
    Last edited by JasperGTR; 02-20-2020 at 06:38 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

My apologies for parsing that out. I just read about a 9 page thread on here about somebody shooting left at 25yds, and saw only handful of people suggesting drifting the rear sight. One of my H&K USP9's was off high and to the left. Replaced factory sights with adjustables, re-zeroed, and it has been GREAT after that. So what were the other 8 pages? (What appeared to have been) Unsolicited marksmanship training classes.

*Edit - on that same thread - a couple posts were about H&K's sight picture, as if the height of the front sight has anything to do with shooting to the left.

It's because one would hope that a shooter of a certain capability would already understand certain dynamics like minor adjustments or "zeroing" are a requirement for pistols too... Rather than the once-a-week "OMG...my gun is shooting left and I don't have a clue why" post. And 95+% of the time, it's the shooter causing a majority of the issue. That's probably why.

And it's the damn internet...what do you expect? The number of actual vetted shooters here and it shows. Beyond that, this place is often more a refuge for validation and materialism more so than the betterment of skills. In regards to skill...be it your skill, my skill, the next guy's skill...or lack there of....NOBODY cares.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's because one would hope that a shooter of a certain capability would already understand certain dynamics like minor adjustments or "zeroing" are a requirement for pistols too... Rather than the once-a-week "OMG...my gun is shooting left and I don't have a clue why" post. And 95+% of the time, it's the shooter causing a majority of the issue. That's probably why.

And it's the damn internet...what do you expect? The number of actual vetted shooters here and it shows. Beyond that, this place is often more a refuge for validation and materialism more so than the betterment of skills. In regards to skill...be it your skill, my skill, the next guy's skill...or lack there of....NOBODY cares.
    I couldn't agree more. That's why I was so confused that people (including your replies) referred to ones abilities (remember? ~ 100% cannot outshoot, etc...).

I couldn't figure out why this kept coming up. It is irrelevant to the question. Why was everyone taking the OPs abilities into question (and then mine?) as if it mattered to a barrel?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I couldn't agree more. That's why I was so confused that people (including your replies) referred to ones abilities (remember? ~ 100% cannot outshoot, etc...).

I couldn't figure out why this kept coming up. It is irrelevant to the question. Why was everyone taking the OPs abilities into question (and then mine?) as if it mattered to a barrel?
    I stand by my statements...

This is a hardware > software crowd where possession translates to ability. I've pissed away more time than I care to admit attempting help. I'll leave that to you now.
    Way too many people working about the fork in the road....900 miles away while they're on the on-ramp.

I say good luck to you, sir in whatever your recent resurgence/interest here is.
    Last edited by dms16; 02-20-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I say good luck to you, sir in whatever your recent resurgence/interest here is.
    Thank you. Not sure what you mean about recent "resurgence" or interest. I've come here looking for information on OR VP9 status, adjustable sights, additional items (such as barrels, threaded or otherwise), and other HK rifle parts. I was hoping to find additional knowledge and experience specific to HK that is not commonly found elsewhere.

mew
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

factory TB is my advice, even if you don't use a supressor you can put a brake or just a thread protector. mine is a great shooter and very accurate with
    and without the silencer. I don't think you can ever beat factory HK barrels they are superb quality. my 2cents.......
    JasperGTR likes this.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

PC7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Are you talking about swapping the factory HK barrel out with an aftermarket one?
    If so, that is the most foolish thing anyone could do.
    HK makes some of the best, if not the best, barrels in the industry.
    I'm going to close with a recent quote from a forum member, "swapping out the factory HK barrel to aftermarket is like taking a new Porsche 911 Turbo and swapping out the engine with a '78 small block Chevy."
    WolfieRules likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PC7 View Post
    Are you talking about swapping the factory HK barrel out with an aftermarket one?
    If so, that is the most foolish thing anyone could do.
    HK makes some of the best, if not the best, barrels in the industry.
    I'm going to close with a recent quote from a forum member, "swapping out the factory HK barrel to aftermarket is like taking a new Porsche 911 Turbo and swapping out the engine with a '78 small block Chevy."
    Not swapping the 911 Turbo engine for a 918 Spyder engine? Perspective is everything.

There is always room for improvement. If you aren't aware of a 918 engine (match barrel) fitted to the 911 TT chassis (VP9), then that's cool. I have never heard of a "better" barrel for any H&K, just a "different" barrel for different purposes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links