VP9 trigger upgrade

Thread: VP9 trigger upgrade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VP9 trigger upgrade

So I bought the VP9 trigger upgrade kit from hkparts and did the easy install(trigger spring only). I haven’t notice a huge difference in trigger weight but I’ve noticed that the reset is delayed(?). Meaning, that it feels as if the trigger is not following my finger as fast as my finger is moving. Maybe a different way of explaining it is that the reset feels sloppy and not as positive. Has anyone here had the same issue?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chi804 View Post
    So I bought the VP9 trigger upgrade kit from hkparts and did the easy install(trigger spring only). I haven’t notice a huge difference in trigger weight but I’ve noticed that the reset is delayed(?). Meaning, that it feels as if the trigger is not following my finger as fast as my finger is moving. Maybe a different way of explaining it is that the reset feels sloppy and not as positive. Has anyone here had the same issue?
    It sounds like you bought the ultra match spring set from HK parts (includes 1 reduced trigger return spring and 1 reduced sear spring). You are feeling a "delay" because the TRS is weakening so the trigger isn't resetting with alot of forward force. I have bought this product before and do not use it any more because of this delayed feeling in the reset without much reduction in trigger pull weight. Also, it decreases overall reliability since it increases the chance of the trigger not being able to reset if dirt gets into the internals in the right places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mngo888 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chi804 View Post
    It sounds like you bought the ultra match spring set from HK parts (includes 1 reduced trigger return spring and 1 reduced sear spring). You are feeling a "delay" because the TRS is weakening so the trigger isn't resetting with alot of forward force. I have bought this product before and do not use it any more because of this delayed feeling in the reset without much reduction in trigger pull weight. Also, it decreases overall reliability since it increases the chance of the trigger not being able to reset if dirt gets into the internals in the right places.
    You’re correct. I did purchase the ultra match spring set. It really wasn’t what I thought it was going to be so I’ll be removing the mod before I shoot that pistol again.
    I just wanted to see if others were having a similar experience.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Thanks for the reply.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

PC7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I you want to lighten the trigger, your best bet is to leave the stock TRS and just swap the sear spring with the HKParts/Lazy Wolf spring.
    https://hkparts.net/product/firing-p...ced-p18110.htm

Combine that with the Lazy Wolf trigger and it is a superb setup for competition.
    Not for carry however; I leave my pistols stock for carry.
    Last edited by PC7; 02-15-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As others have said, leave the TRS stock and change out the sear spring. Also polish your trigger bar. I know there is a write up on here about it. Once I did that, it made a huge improvement.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Agreed, the match TRS is too lazy, stock is best, the sear spring is good. For the trigger Lazy Wolf or Lobos. For a crisper striker release after the slack takeup, some routine trigger work needs to be done.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net

Sponsored Links