Thinking about buying a HK45 (V7) LEM - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Thinking about buying a HK45 (V7) LEM

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A lot of posters here showing their 45 Compacts. “Same, but different”, as they say, from the 45 full sized pistol. I’ve had 3 45 Compacts. They are all gone now, and my HK45T remains. It is actually a LEM trigger from the factory (which I didn’t even know they did in the Tactical model) and I highly recommend it. I have a regular, non-threaded barrel for it, as well.

The compact has a very slick grip for me, and even after trying all the grip tape, Talon Grip, etc remedies, I couldn’t say I loved it. The full size fits great.
    Another thing about the compact is that due to the design of the trigger guard, very few compact weapons lights fit on the rail.

I also shoot 45 Super from the full size gun, although it is kept to a minimum. With Underwood 255gr hard cast flat nose at Muzzle Velocity: 1075 fps; Muzzle Energy: 654 ft lbs, you have a very good outdoors/woods gun. The Compact can not fill this role.

You can not go wrong with any HK pistol. I am def a fan of the full size gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Drove 50 miles to 4 different Gun Shops and no one had one. I'm going to stop at the shop nearest me to see if they can order one. Fingers crossed.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Cool Match LEM Hybrid

You can use USP Match LEM parts in your HK45 and make it sing.
    I'm just saying...
    Last edited by Barth; 02-15-2020 at 04:53 PM.
    kbinmt likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I actually prefer the grip of the p2000/p2000sk and now Hk45C grip. I have a few other HK pistols that have the newer “Batman” grip exchange grips. They are extremely ergonomic but... for me the other design feels more solid in my hand and certainly carry’s better (for me). To each his own and has been said before. Can’t go wrong with any HK model. I do not plan on hanging a light off this HK45C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can anyone let us know how it carry’s with a 10 round elephant foot magazine?
    There are a lot of variables here—your carry position, holster, body type, etc—but I would be hard pressed to find a way to carry mine without excessive printing with the extended magazine. Say what you like about elephants, but they are not subtle, nor are their feet dainty. So, I carry with a (mostly) flush 8-round magazine in the pistol. I don't have any problem carrying the 10-rounders as spares, though; in the vertical position, the magazines aren't an issue to hide.
    In a world of compromise, some procrastinate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The LEM trigger actually feels almost as light as my other “light” LEM triggers.
    Probably because it is. I bought an HK45CT sometime last year, and was expecting the heavy LEM trigger out of the box. I dry fired it a few times, and noticed how light it felt. When I spoke with HK, they confirmed that due to popular demand, they had been shipping them since at least early 2019 with light LEM triggers.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    The LEM trigger actually feels almost as light as my other “light” LEM triggers.
    Probably because it is. I bought an HK45CT sometime last year, and was expecting the heavy LEM trigger out of the box. I dry fired it a few times, and noticed how light it felt. When I spoke with HK, they confirmed that due to popular demand, they had been shipping them since at least early 2019 with light LEM triggers.
    Yes!!!!!! I picked mine up today and couldn’t believe how great the trigger was! It was as light as my p30sk V1 light LEM!! I could have swore something was wrong as my other LEM’s are a bit stronger. Thanks for the info. That’s really cool. Super happy about this!! I love this site. I learn something every day.
    Last edited by Jslow; 02-16-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A 45c with V7 LEM is on my short list of "must haves".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mightymouse View Post
    A 45c with V7 LEM is on my short list of "must haves".
    LGS had a 45C V7 LEM but passed on it to get the full size. They said it should be in in the next few weeks.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    There are a lot of variables here–your carry position, holster, body type, etc–but I would be hard pressed to find a way to carry mine without excessive printing with the extended magazine. Say what you like about elephants, but they are not subtle, nor are their feet dainty. So, I carry with a (mostly) flush 8-round magazine in the pistol. I don't have any problem carrying the 10-rounders as spares, though; in the vertical position, the magazines aren't an issue to hide.
    +1
    I like to carry with flush 8 round mag in the pistol.
    And twin 10 round reloads.

Only difference is I prefer horizontal carry for long mags.
    But that's just me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links