Thinking about buying a HK45 (V7) LEM - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Thinking about buying a HK45 (V7) LEM

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod71 View Post
    LGS had a 45C V7 LEM but passed on it to get the full size. They said it should be in in the next few weeks.
    I hope you like it. I do love my LEM triggers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod71 View Post
    LGS had a 45C V7 LEM but passed on it to get the full size.
    If the price was right you should have just picked it up. Sooner or later you're going to want them both ;)
    Hotrod71 likes this.
    In a world of compromise, some procrastinate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    If the price was right you should have just picked it up. Sooner or later you're going to want them both ;)
    I know, right? Haha. It's been there for the past few months. I'm going to kick myself if I go back to get it and it's gone. The safe is starting to get full. I need to choose my guns wisely.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

You have to have both full size and a compact, in LEM preferably.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So if I were to purchase a 10rd elephant foot magazine for my new HK45C, just how big is that thing? It looks massive, cumbersome and not viable for carry. Anyone got a picture comparing the standard 8rd vs the elephant 10? If you have one... what do you do with it? Carry as a spare?? Does it fit in a normal front pocket? Or is it just used for range use? Thanks for any tips and if it’s worth buying only gaining two rounds vs the size.
    Thanks!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Give me a bit and I will grab a picture for you.

Basically the pachyderm mag is more for HD or backup. If you are carrying you are going to use the 8 round IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Elephant Foot in a side horizontal carry mag pouch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

See above it should give you some idea of sizes. One thing I have found about the elephant foot is that although it looks a little ungainly (it grows on you :D) it is, however, very comfortable in the hand shooting, at least for me. I really like these magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jslow View Post
    So if I were to purchase a 10rd elephant foot magazine for my new HK45C, just how big is that thing? It looks massive, cumbersome and not viable for carry. Anyone got a picture comparing the standard 8rd vs the elephant 10? If you have one... what do you do with it? Carry as a spare?? Does it fit in a normal front pocket? Or is it just used for range use? Thanks for any tips and if it’s worth buying only gaining two rounds vs the size.
    Thanks!!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thank you!!! Appreciated. Just what I needed to know/see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jslow View Post
    Thanks!!
    I believe the length is actually the same as the 10rd flush-fit magazine for the full-size HK45. The "foot" doesn't really sit beneath the magazine body, but wraps around it. It makes the whole package look more massive than it really is. 10rd HK45 magazines with the standard base-plate will fit and function in the HK45c, but the ones with the elephant foot prevent over-insertion if you get frisky with a reload, and it also makes a very ergonomic grasping handle for pulling it out of a carrier, as well as a comfortable extended-length grip when it's in the pistol.

I typically carry them as spares, because I like the added capacity and can conceal them fine when they're not sticking horizontally out the butt of the pistol, but I also use them on the range obviously. I never carry magazines in my pockets; I much prefer a good magazine carrier on my belt. Do what works best for you, but I don't think anyone will argue against the fact that reloads are much faster and more consistent/less fumble-prone from a mag carrier vs. a pocket.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links