Thinking about buying a HK45 (V7) LEM - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Thinking about buying a HK45 (V7) LEM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I won't lie, my HK45 is a disappointment.. I purchased it as a V7, and have converted it to a V9, in a bid to create a modern 1911 equivalent; but better able to handle abuse. The HK's internals seem overcomplicated, the fit and finish is not particularly good, and the pistol feels incredibly cheap to me. Also, the trigger has an inexcusably long reset. It will be getting some serious trigger work from Bill Springfield soon, but, when considering what I spent, I'm more satisfied with my Hi Point 45, and various surplus pistols. My 1911 is in an entirely different league.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod71 View Post
    I know, right? Haha. It's been there for the past few months. I'm going to kick myself if I go back to get it and it's gone. The safe is starting to get full. I need to choose my guns wisely.
    Get another safe to validate more wise choices. It worked for me!!
    Hotrod71 likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav View Post
    I won't lie, my HK45 is a disappointment...I'm more satisfied with my Hi Point 45, and various surplus pistols. My 1911 is in an entirely different league.
    I would trade you a Hi Point .45 for your HK 45. If I owned a Hi Point....
    Hotrod71 and WolfieRules like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hk 45 fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod71 View Post
    Drove 50 miles to 4 different Gun Shops and no one had one. I'm going to stop at the shop nearest me to see if they can order one. Fingers crossed.
    You can order it on line yourself and save money. I did. For me, the LEM took some getting used to. Finding his in stores, other than the vp9, is challenging. I also have the full size hk45 and prefer it to the compact nut, obviously, it’s a little bigger.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I’ve never had any luck in my neck of the woods every finding an HK physically in stock at a gun store. Maybe a lonely VP9 (not even a Vp9sk) on rare occasion. I’ve always had to have the shops order them from their distributors intentionally and even then sometimes the distributor has to dig a bit. My LGS says I’m the only guy that is actually “ordering” and requesting HK’s in my area. I don’t compromise.... guess everyone else does 😉.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I own one of these, and I also have both the 8 round and 10 round magazines. They both function as they should (read: flawlessly) but I tend to carry it with the 8 round magazine just based on the width of the magazine. You could do it either way as long as you're not a slave to fashion...so to speak. I've always been a 1911 guy when it came to the 45ACP...until I got my HK45C.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I really cant stand the horse hoof looking magazine bottom. I've got one but I think it makes it look "special". Its kinda like the pink underwear I have... I have it... sometimes I'll use it... but I don't show it off to the public.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I did it. I found a LGS with some contacts and ordered one up. Got it on Friday. Made a trip to the range once yesterday and again today. It's a really great gun! I like the trigger a lot. I'm glad I went with the LEM. I have some accuracy problems I need to work on. Probably because it's a new gun to me and a caliber I've never shot before. All in all, I'm very pleased with it. I must have put 250 rounds thru it without any issues other than a few times the slide didn't lock back at the end of the mag. I tend to have a high grip with my support hand and probably had it pinned with my thumb. Once I get a handle on this Bad Mama Jama, I'll have to try out the new VP9s next! Thanks for all your support/advice.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Congrats!! I’m sure glad your happy with the purchase. Also glad your liking the LEM. It’s sure the way to go but does take a few range trips to get use to it. It’s close to a striker fired gun yet.... not quite. I’m still working on accuracy too. Took a new p2000 out today (it’s a V3) so me I’m having trouble getting use to the DA/SA thing on this particular model. If I had someone close by that I could send it to to make it a LEM I would. But I think I might keep it stock and just “learn” the gun as is.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links