Thinking about buying a HK45 (V7) LEM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Thinking about buying a HK45 (V7) LEM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Thinking about buying a HK45 (V7) LEM

I'd really like to own an HK firearm. I've owned SIGs, Springfields and Glocks. All have their unique advantages. I've shot a VP40 but wasn't really impressed with the smoothness and comfort but I've heard a lot of good things about HK. Maybe it's was the caliber. I plan on using it as a range gun but I'd like to have the option to carry. So I'm looking into purchasing a new HK45 (V7) LEM. I've always wanted a 45 caliber. I really like SIGs. What makes the HK unique?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quality, fit and finish are almost second to none in duty/combat grade pistols. Durability, aesthetics, resale, accuracy, tier 1 materials. There are many reason why you might choose an H&K.
    I have sold HK's, to only come back time and again. There is definitely something special about H&K pistols that are worth having. My latest is an HK45CT, and it is by and far, my "get **** handled" defensive pistol option. I love P series Sigs as well, and have a few glocks too... but my HK's never disappoint, they are battle ready hot rods.
    I was not impressed with the VP series, but others love them.
    YMMV

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Hotrod71 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a HK45, HK45T, and HK45C. The Tactical is my favorite.

Very ergonomic and soft shooting, accurate and reliable, easy to field strip and clean. 1913 rail. Probably much cheaper and lighter than an all-metal SIG. Compare sight radius to whatever else you're looking at; there's a good chance the HK45 has a longer sight radius.

One of the features I really like is the V1 safety/decocker, but you said you wanted the V7.
    SP5 x2 / SP5K/ HK45T/ HK45/ HK45C LE/ USC x 2/ P30S gray frame

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I’m picking my Hk45C up Monday. Hope you like yours. I’ll report back on mine soon. Mine will be a LEM V7 too. Can anyone let us know how it carry’s with a 10 round elephant foot magazine?? Thanks.
    Last edited by Jslow; 02-14-2020 at 08:38 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Thinking about buying a HK45 (V7) LEM-1581183812225.jpg.......look for a German one

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I have a US-made HK45 ODG (light LEM conversion) and a German-made HK45 (DA/SA). Both outstanding guns.

I also own and shoot Sig P220s with different trigger systems. Also outstanding.

But if I had to choose which one for Carry, I'd take the HK45. Why? More robust build, higher reliability, and carries an extra 2 rounds over the P220 (although there are longer 10-round mags but those are extras).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a HK45 v1 that I converted to lite LEM. My advice to you is to get the HK45 in LEM as you will not regret it. It is a great pistol and trigger.
    Vincent04 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WRAM1 View Post
    I have a HK45 v1 that I converted to lite LEM. My advice to you is to get the HK45 in LEM as you will not regret it. It is a great pistol and trigger.
    Ditto. Just a shame that the HK45 doesn't come light LEM from the factory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I personally prefer the HK45 to the 220. For me it was the superior ergonomics. The LEM trigger is fantastic but you should really try getting your hands on one before making a decision. My p220 is now a dust collector.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just picked it up. HK45C V7 LEM. Great feel! The LEM trigger actually feels almost as light as my other “light” LEM triggers. I know they are to come from the factory with regular strength springs but this sucker is super smooth and “feels” much lighter. Can’t wait to shoot it soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thinking about buying a HK45 (V7) LEM-8984298e-658c-45e4-941e-e44ed9d3fe2a_1581783577186.jpeg  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links