Thinking about P2000sk LEM. Questions???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about P2000sk LEM. Questions???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Thinking about P2000sk LEM. Questions???

LGS has P2000sk (AI or 2008) for sale. Asking $575. It's not marked on the tag but it appears to be a LEM. I tried it out and long, easy takeup, hit the wall, Bang! DA on followup if I want. No traditional single action.

But I can't see anything I recognize to indicate LEM. Here's a pic.

I'm ditching a PX4 subcompact and selling a S&W 3914 to buy this one. I've fallen "like" with a P30 V3 and wouldn't mind this in my carry rotation.

So is there any way to find out more about the gun with the serial number: 121-008335 or any of the other markings. And what does ya think of the price? The gun looks in good shape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thinking about P2000sk LEM.  Questions???-0215201327.jpg   Thinking about P2000sk LEM.  Questions???-0215201327a.jpg  

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat3340 View Post
    But I can't see anything I recognize to indicate LEM.
    Unless modified, non-LEM would have a decocking button by the hammer.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/JdvTHnV3WnmZCBaq5

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It does appear to be a LEM (probably V2). I purchased a used p2000sk just like yours (AH date 2007) and it was almost flawless finish. Pretty much like new. I got it for $500 cash out the door. Dealer had $585.00 on the tag. But I knew the guy pretty well. I was very happy with $500 so the price your looking at is about right I think. As a matter of fact that p2000sk is on me right now! Just got a new one (2019 model) in .40 two weeks ago. The p2000sk LEM models are my absolute PERFECT carry weapon of choice. If it looks good to you and no obvious issues. BUY it!!!!! You won’t regret it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It appears to be LEM.
    Hammer is the give away.
    There are no markings to indicate LEM I know of.
    Likely a V2, but you can easily convert to V1 with some OEM springs.
    I have one in 40 S&W with an OEM 357 barrel converted to V1 and carry it often

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Buy it. The P2000SK is an unsung gem in the HK pistol lineup. Absolutely love mine. It is a phenomenal CCW firearm. You will not be disappointed. Long live the LEM!
    ”What do you want to discuss now, my favorite color?”–Col. Nathan R. Jessup

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As said, buy it! I've converted my SK to V1 LEM and love it. A fine weapon for concealed carry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm Buying It. I'm Buying it! (Actually, I had them put it aside in the back room with my name on it for next week. I do a modest+ amount of business with these folks (I just bought/traded for a Sig 210 Standard) and they'll hold it for me.

And if it's as good as what I've read, there may be a S&W 6906 and/or PX4 compact in .40 on the market shortly.

Many thanks for the comments. Much appreciated.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I hate to be the dissenting opinion here, but for that kind of money I'd buy a brand new P30SK LEM and never look back (I did!). P2KSK is a great gun and I owned several. I just think it is overpriced for a used older pistol considering you can get the updated model brand new for the exact same money. A quick internet search will confirm the price point. My 2 cents, but OMMV.
    Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FPNunes View Post
    I hate to be the dissenting opinion here, but for that kind of money I'd buy a brand new P30SK LEM and never look back (I did!). P2KSK is a great gun and I owned several. I just think it is overpriced for a used older pistol considering you can get the updated model brand new for the exact same money. A quick internet search will confirm the price point. My 2 cents, but OMMV.
    I’ve got a p30sk too. To each his own obviously and I do really like mine too. It’s the grip on the p2000sk that I actually prefer to the uber modular one of the p30sk. The p2000sk feels just a bit more concealable and “smoother” against my body when carried. Can’t go wrong with either. I will say I do like my V1 light trigger on the p30sk better than the standard V2 LEM of the p2000sk. I just don’t care to change out the springs on them. Isn’t it nice we have so many awesome options for everyone from such a fantastic company like Hk!!!!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FPNunes View Post
    Have both P2000SK and P30SK LEM guns.
    Personal preference for me is P2000SK
    But that's just me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links