USP Match hammer!

Thread: USP Match hammer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default USP Match hammer!

Im assuming one size fits all 9/40/45 USP???

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, one size. There is an old style & a new style. There is also a bobbed hammer that comes with the Experts. The bobbed hammer has an E on it & the spurred has a S on it for the match kit variants.
    USP Match hammer!-f70a785c-c78e-40d2-bb62-f3d4c2122e1c.jpeg
    Last edited by rc51pete; 02-16-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rc51pete View Post
    Yes, one size. There is an old style & a new style. There is also a bobbed hammer that comes with the Experts. The bobbed hammer has an E on it & the spurred has a S on it for the match kit variants.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F70A785C-C78E-40D2-BB62-F3D4C2122E1C.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	252282
    For clarification, old style for 1 or 2 piece catch?

I saw HkParts has “old style match hammer” only for sale.

HK CS said there the 1 piece catch, old style 2 piece, and new style two piece? (Hope I don’t have that mixed up, it’s been a long night with little sleep)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The old style catch is one piece (control latch and catch welded together). Here is a link that explains it pretty good.
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...-usp-40-a.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rc51pete View Post
    The old style catch is one piece (control latch and catch welded together). Here is a link that explains it pretty good.
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...-usp-40-a.html
    Appreciate the link! I’m pretty familiar with the 1 and 2 piece, but I read here there’s a second generation/newer 2 piece catch, was surprised, and called HK about it, as I had the same question basically as the OP, and the HK rep confirmed that is true, Which was a surprise to me.

If I understood him correctly, HK Rep said the new and old 2 piece catch are usually interchangeable and just the length of part of the catch was changed slightly, and he said the original 1 piece was noticeably shorter.

I don’t have any one piece catch’s anymore to compare sadly.

He said he wasn’t sure when the match kits were released and was pretty sure it was for the “old style 2 piece” but thought it would work in the original 1 piece but wasn’t 100% sure.

So you think old style is referring to the original 1 piece catch? I wasn’t sure myself either as I don’t know when the match kits were first released.

*not trying to de rail this thread. Hoping this is useful for the OP or others.

When I get home I’ll try to find time to gut all 4 usp’s and measure the dimensions of the catch to see if any are different. All are 2 piece. If I can find the dang caliper...
    Last edited by iLikeUSPsBetter; 02-16-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iLikeUSPsBetter View Post
    Appreciate the link! I’m pretty familiar with the 1 and 2 piece, but I read here there’s a second generation/newer 2 piece catch, was surprised, and called HK about it, as I had the same question basically as the OP, and the HK rep confirmed that is true, Which was a surprise to me.

If I understood him correctly, HK Rep said the new and old 2 piece catch are usually interchangeable and just the length of part of the catch was changed slightly, and he said the original 1 piece was noticeably shorter.

I don’t have any one piece catch’s anymore to compare sadly.

He said he wasn’t sure when the match kits were released and was pretty sure it was for the “old style 2 piece” but thought it would work in the original 1 piece but wasn’t 100% sure.

So you think old style is referring to the original 1 piece catch? I wasn’t sure myself either as I don’t know when the match kits were first released.

*not trying to de rail this thread. Hoping this is useful for the OP or others.

When I get home I’ll try to find time to gut all 4 usp’s and measure the dimensions of the catch to see if any are different. All are 2 piece. If I can find the dang caliper...
    I didn’t know there was a new version of the 2 piece. I’m curious to know the difference & when they changed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is the 2 piece catch from a 1999 and the catch from a 2006 in the middle, 2019 on bottom.

Can’t find my calipers...

* laid the 2019 on top of the 2006 and they look to be the same length.

They look way more different than I expected.

*i dont have a 1 piece anymore sadly, so I don’t know if the 2 piece in the 99 is the same length as the 1 piece in the 94’s I’ve owned.

ETA:

It appears to be the same as the photo you posted. Looks like it’s not the 1 piece in the photo?

Looking at photos of the 1 piece catch it looks like it’s the same length as the 2 piece.

I’m unclear if there’s yet another length or not, I’ll have to give HK a call and talk it over with them more.

——
    If the 1 piece old style and 2 piece old style are the same length, the the old style should just flat out work in either old style.

——
    Let me know if I’m derailing the thread, was looking at buying a match hammer to put in my 45 as well and noticed the confusion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USP Match hammer!-image_1581901302445.jpg  
    Last edited by iLikeUSPsBetter; 02-17-2020 at 12:27 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

The "new style 2-piece catch" is same as the "old style 2-piece catch" but with the longer catch. That's the only difference. This "new" 2-pc catch has been out since 2005.

Sponsored Links