P7M8 with threaded barrel from the factory? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: P7M8 with threaded barrel from the factory?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster62 View Post
    The Threads should look like this and it should come in a box like this. I think only 6-8 were made.Attachment 252308Attachment 252310

I wish this was mine.
    Me too!

What suppressor is considered the "official" suppressor for these? I can imagine it being finicky to say the least given the accelerated blowback and slide speed they probably had to deal with when suppressed.

Beautiful though...
    - CPshooter

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CPshooter View Post
    Me too!

What suppressor is considered the "official" suppressor for these? I can imagine it being finicky to say the least given the accelerated blowback and slide speed they probably had to deal with when suppressed.

Beautiful though...
    I have seen 2 different suppressors marked

HK SD P7/P7M8 not sure who made them. one was of normal size and one looked to be a foot long.

Maximum effort
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The foot-long version doesn't suffer from the typical crap blown back in the shooter's face issues so often cited. It's quite comfortable to shoot.

The only other official version I have is a shorter one, marked P7M8SD. It looks cooler, but if you didn't have freckles on your face before, you certainly will after shooting it. It's fine if you wear shooting glasses though.

Brad4065, FPNunes and Lamont like this.
    Life is an endless series of trainwrecks with only brief commercial-like breaks of happiness.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster62 View Post
    The Threads should look like this and it should come in a box like this. I think only 6-8 were made.Attachment 252308Attachment 252310

I wish this was mine.
    I wish that you would give me the information on this (SN, date code, importer (if any), country of location, etc.)!!!

Tony

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Does not look factory to me either. Most of the factory threaded barrels have a 13.5x1 LH pitch and stick out further. I have also seen some 1/2x28 factory threaded barrels, but they are very rare as well. Question is why would you shorten a factory 13.5x1 barrel to make it the same thread pitch? Looks like Tornado Technologies work to me. A real one should look like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Notice how the polygonal rifling goes ALL the way to the end of the barrel. An extended barrel or non factory threaded barrel will usually not be this way.
    Last edited by Brobus; 02-16-2020 at 09:55 PM.
    AGG likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default P7 Can

I really wanted to put this in my luggage while in Europe, but a I hear their jails are not so nice.

P7M8 with threaded barrel from the factory?-img_2963.jpg
    AGG likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The "official" suppressor commissioned by HK was the long one in Clausewitz first photo above. It was made by a Finnish company called Vaime. Like Clausewitz said, it may be long, but it is a pleasure to shoot with none of the negative things that cause most people to say that the P7 series is a poor suppressor host. I don't know who made the second, shorter suppressor that Clausewitz shows (will you please tell us Clausewitz?), but a few years ago B&T still listed a P7M8 suppressor on their Swiss site. It is no longer listed, and I was told by B&T that it is no longer available.

I've got a factory P7 SD and a factory P7M13 SD. I continue to search for a factory P7M8 SD. I have found one here in France, but it had a damaged barrel from a stovepipe incident and even with that, the owner didn't want to sell it.

If this one turns out to be a factory SD (which most of us doubt), then you've made a real find. If it isn't a factory barrel, it's still a nice pistol, just not in the same price range.
    FPNunes likes this.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

What was the purpose of the extra unthreaded portion of the barrel? Why not thread it like every other gun?
    Did it have something to do with the Vaime suppressor?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sean415 View Post
    What was the purpose of the extra unthreaded portion of the barrel? Why not thread it like every other gun?
    Did it have something to do with the Vaime suppressor?
    Wondering the same thing myself.

Fantastic pics everyone. Keep it coming!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links