HK 45C shopping - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HK 45C shopping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    No. The only US-made HK handguns are the HK45 and HK45c (both standard and tactical) for the US market (parts are German-made, but assembled in US). HK-Germany also makes these handguns for the Euro market. All other HKs you see are made and assembled in Germany (P-series, VP, USP, and Mk23).

Lack of markings on US-made HKs was done to save costs. I think that was a bad idea.
    Agreed on the lack of markings being a bad idea. I thought assembly in the US was a big reason the P30 went from an $800-900 gun a while back to around a $500 gun. That price drop happened around the same time the 45 series dropped by hundreds of dollars. The USP series is still expensive and hasn't dropped in price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Snagged one for 638 shipped. Should be here by weeks end. CDNN had the 10 rd mags for 29.99

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by albatros43 View Post
    Agreed on the lack of markings being a bad idea. I thought assembly in the US was a big reason the P30 went from an $800-900 gun a while back to around a $500 gun. That price drop happened around the same time the 45 series dropped by hundreds of dollars. The USP series is still expensive and hasn't dropped in price.
    Yep. I think it was because of many things: a reduction in import fees and taxes, high rate production, market saturation. It was even more dramatic for the P30L and HK45 back in the day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

US 45/C having proof/regulatory German markings would be considered fake by HK purists, notwithstanding fraudulent. They were simply not required on US production, it had nothing to do with cost reduction. Or better yet, the additional certifications in Germany increased costs.

Who won the Presidential election in 2016: Polsci101 + Eco101 = 2017-2018 price drop.
    $449 VP9, no surprise it’s the sacrificial lamb put up against M&P/Glock.
    The USP line holding steady prices/value, HK isn’t entirety dumb, they know where hammer-fired combat grade weapons stand with the HK enthusiast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As others have said, buy your US made HK without fear. I have a US HK45c and it is every bit as nice as my German made P30 and P30SK.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    US 45/C having proof/regulatory German markings would be considered fake by HK purists, notwithstanding fraudulent. They were simply not required on US production, it had nothing to do with cost reduction...
    What? HK-USA did put their unique markings on the HK45 and HK45c's up thru 2018. Now, there are no markings on HK-US slides. Many of us here hate that.

HK-USA would never ever put HK-German markings on them.
    NUARTYBOY likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My us made hk45ct is an absolute laser beam. Fit and finish is as good as an other hk I've ever seen.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    HK-USA did put their unique markings on the HK45 and HK45c's up thru 2018. Now, there are no markings on HK-US slides.
    GTK, so that’s US 45.v2 less/no markings (from US 45.v1).
    If that’s the case then it should be completely devoid of any markings, my Dan Wesson has nothing but the model on the left slide (giving it a clean look). A 45c roll on the left slide (even better without the .45 Auto) would make it US unique/distinguishable.
    And if you come to shoot what’s US anyway but the frame, making it 99% German.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links