USP45 Elite with Matchweight concerns - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: USP45 Elite with Matchweight concerns

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

That's not good! I had a factory Match in 45acp for years and never developed a crack even over a few thousand rounds.. If I recall correctly, the Matchweight weighs the same as the German steel weight, unless he had that one that has a flashlight pic rail on the bottom as well.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Standing by to see what comes of this. Honestly might just be a fluke. OP, any idea what the date code is on this Elite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

His date code is BH=2017 with a BI slide=2018 slide.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Do you have a round count with the match weight? I've got an older USP Tactical with the steel match weight and I'd be willing to run a similar round count with my match weight and report back.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have a hard time thinking the Match weight caused this. Back in the day didn't HK make scope rails and comps that clamped onto the frame as well. I would have thought there is enough history of those and also match weights that if this was an issue it would have been brought up before. Maybe that particular frame had a mold defect with the rails?
    HK - No Compromise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have roughly 100 rounds through mine of GI surplus .45 ACP. The only matchweights/comps that mount to rails I've heard problems with are for the USP Match if you use the standard barrel rather than the longer match barrel. I know matchweight.com has a "Match" weight/comp for the USPC but I don't think anyone has made a longer barrel for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sorry, I meant the guy who broke his USP. Went back and read your initial post and it looks like it was around 1000 rounds. I've only got 250 through mine so far, but I should hit 1000 rounds in a couple of months.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Open question... pre-1000 rds history (is the ref cracked frame from the orig owner), suppressor use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That I do not know, does HK typically sell slides and frames with different date codes? If not maybe he bought a used frame that was ran hard, though I've never seen cracked polymer frames except for .40s and .357 SIG and it mostly happening to non-HKs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastUSP View Post
    That I do not know, does HK typically sell slides and frames with different date codes? If not maybe he bought a used frame that was ran hard, though I've never seen cracked polymer frames except for .40s and .357 SIG and it mostly happening to non-HKs.
    I've had lots of factory new HKs and never seen one with mismatched slide and frame, check the serials.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links