For those who shoot USP platform w/ a weight (IMM, Merkle) attached - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: For those who shoot USP platform w/ a weight (IMM, Merkle) attached

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lifesizepotato View Post
    I love them for the type of shooting I do, which is slow- to medium-pace accuracy type stuff. Maybe not ideal for high speed run-n-gun tactical drills but they do noticeably tame recoil IMO. If I had to articulate it, I might say they change the recoil character from the 9mm's brisk snap to the 45's gentle shove, but reduced in force to a nudge. I do prefer shooting the weighted ones to unweighted, though I enjoy the stock USP experience plenty, too.

I have them on both my Elite and Expert 9mms and think the Expert overall is the best balanced, it's just a little less nose heavy. (This might have changed with the updated design with lightening cuts.) Both feel better to me than my Match 9mm. A high cap jet funnel steel mag really seals the deal with regards to balance and completes the "steel frame USP" illusion.

That’s a dream trio right there! That Match is a supermodel to me. Beautiful & unabtainium. Very nice. Your Elite is amazing too. Only time I have seen the best nines together.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

... the "steel frame USP" illusion.
    That's it guys - that's what I'm after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love them for the type of shooting I do, which is slow- to medium-pace accuracy type stuff. Maybe not ideal for high speed run-n-gun tactical drills but they do noticeably tame recoil IMO. If I had to articulate it, I might say they change the recoil character from the 9mm's brisk snap to the 45's gentle shove, but reduced in force to a nudge. I do prefer shooting the weighted ones to unweighted, though I enjoy the stock USP experience plenty, too.

I have them on both my Elite and Expert 9mms and think the Expert overall is the best balanced, it's just a little less nose heavy. (This might have changed with the updated design with lightening cuts.) Both feel better to me than my Match 9mm. A high cap jet funnel steel mag really seals the deal with regards to balance and completes the "steel frame USP" illusion.

I also happen to have a Merkle-like weight for the USP45 frame made in limited numbers several years ago by an HKPro poster. It has adjustable weight inserts inside and softens up the 45 even further into marshmallow cloud territory.
    I bought mine because of your videos, thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The only weight intended for a USP is a suppressor!
    mew likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links