P7 marking Question
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brobus

Thread: P7 marking Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P7 marking Question

Hey guys,
    First post (obviously) with a question regarding a double cross out on the BMI marking....why was this done and what does it mean? I've been a frequent reader here, but have never specifically read anything regarding this (maybe I missed it?). I have a half a dozen P7s and several friends that own one, but none of us have ever seen this. I figured if anyone would know, it would be on this forum. And for those wondering why I would buy a P7 with a unfamiliar marking variant, I didn't, it was a gift from my father in-law. Thanks in advance for any input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P7 marking Question-p7-1.jpg   P7 marking Question-p7-2.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just an educated guess on my part, but that was probably a police/law enforcement trade-in. By some internal policy or regulation, they crossed-out the agency name to denote that it was no longer a part of BMI's official inventory before reselling it.
    In a world of compromise, some procrastinate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. Yes, definitely a police trade in (Federal Ministry of the Interior), but I've just never seen the two lines through a marking. If it were a policy or standard practice, I would have expected to see this before.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Point10 View Post
    Hey guys,
    First post (obviously) with a question regarding a double cross out on the BMI marking....why was this done and what does it mean? I've been a frequent reader here, but have never specifically read anything regarding this (maybe I missed it?). I have a half a dozen P7s and several friends that own one, but none of us have ever seen this. I figured if anyone would know, it would be on this forum. And for those wondering why I would buy a P7 with a unfamiliar marking variant, I didn't, it was a gift from my father in-law. Thanks in advance for any input.
    Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition--- @Brobus (P7 expert) will hopefully comment in detail!!!
    Who is the importer (PW ARMS, HKI/Trussville, etc.)?

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition--- @Brobus (P7 expert) will hopefully comment in detail!!!
    Who is the importer (PW ARMS, HKI/Trussville, etc.)?

Tony
    Thanks, he knew that I liked P7s. The importer was PW Arms, Redmond WA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yup, I think you narrowed it down. The German Federal Ministry of Interior AKA Bundesministerium des Innern (BMI).

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Point10 View Post
    Thanks, he knew that I liked P7s. The importer was PW Arms, Redmond WA.
    Thank you--- abbreviations:

a) “PSP”- Polizei Zelbstlade Pistole (Police Self-Loading Pistol)
    b) “Nds”- (State Police of Niedersachen/Lower Saxony Police)
    c) “BMI”- Bundesministerium des Innern (Federal Ministry of the Interior)
    d) “BWB”- Bundesamt fur Wehrtechnik und Beschaffung (Federal Defense Technology and Procurement Office)
    e) “BYP”- Bayerische Polizei (Bavarian State Police)

Tony

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

That’s a PW Arms import. All of the PW Arms P7s were military/police trade ins. Most of the trade ins were used, but some were unissued (unfired). Most of the unissued Ones had serials in the 70,000 range. Prior to HK selling off their P7 trade ins, they would mark out the previous agency’s mark. This was usually done in one of three ways. One, they would puts two horizontal lines through it like the OP pictures. Two, they would put and X over it. Three, they would grind it off and then reblue the slide. The pistols that were done the third way are sometime referred to as “grinders” by collectors.
    Last edited by Brobus; 03-07-2020 at 02:56 PM.
    AGG likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brobus View Post
    That’s a PW Arms import. All of the PW Arms P7s were military/police trade ins. Most of the trade ins were used, but some were unissued (unfired). Most of the unissued Ones had serials in the 70,000 range. Prior to HK selling off their P7 trade ins, they would mark out the previous agency’s mark. This was usually done in one of three ways. One, they would puts two horizontal lines through it like the OP pictures. Two, they would put and X over it. Three, they would grind it off and then reblue the slide. The pistols that were done the third way are sometime referred to as “grinders” by collectors.
    Thanks Brobus for the detailed info. According to what you wrote, this seems to be more common than I had originally thought. I still can't believe that I haven't run across these mark outs in the past. Do these mark outs do anything to the value of these pistols and is one importer more sought after than another?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

The two lines or X do not effect the value since they are police trade ins. The grinder marks with the reblued slide will usually drop the value 20-35 percent.

Sponsored Links