Collect em, or shoot em, that is the question.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Collect em, or shoot em, that is the question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Collect em, or shoot em, that is the question.

Over the past couple years my HK collection has been growing and growing and growing. The more I get the more I appreciate all the iterations of HK firearms. The problem is I'm starting to want to collect them all and not shoot any of them. If I have one, I will want to get a second to shoot, but than end up wanting to save that one too. Do not feel this way about other firearm brands. I think with HK the fact that certain models take some effort and patience to find is maybe part of it, but this is getting expensive. Question is, what models do you think should be saved ( usp elites, experts. mark 23 , etc) ? , or are they all just mass produced firearms that should just be shot and enjoyed? Just curious what different prospectives other HK collectors and shooters have.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to make up my mind before I buy if I’m going to shoot it. I have went to pick up a few & kind of got mad because they were to nice. The few I have that appear to be like new in box I don’t shoot. All the others, I enjoy them & love to share them with others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Shoot them. I have a very rare Sig P226 in factory satin nickel (part of a late 80s FBI consignment that was a little over-produced, so a few made it onto the open market), and I still shoot it every now and then. If it's really a true "investment", then lock it away...but otherwise, enjoy it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Have many hard to get hk and shoot the piss out of them other than the psg1 that gets babied a bit.
    mew likes this.
    Spent most of my tax return on Hk parts, booze and ammo....the rest I just wasted

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I collect a lot of different firearms. I shoot, clean and admire them all every so often. Some more than others. Some haven't made it out in a while. Shoot them. You only live once. God forbid if something catastrophic happened to my life, sight or limbs, I would regret not having shot my different firearms admiring them for their uniqueness.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have two still I have not shot so I suffer from your same predicament, but I also have doubles of them and I do shoot the piss out of them. I have my new MR556A1 I have yet to shoot. It's so beautiful to behold. When I get my first scratch on her I'll cry, but it's so expensive I need to get my money out of her...shoot her soon I will!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Shoot 'em.

I only have one firearm that I've never shot and is unfired since arsenal rebuild. It's a US Secretary of Navy Trophy "O-65" M1 Garand in 30-06 (arsenal rebuilt on a late WWII Springfield receiver, Korean War era NOS barrel, with SecNav paperwork) that was given out as an award (first place was usually a rebuilt M1 barreled in 7.62x51) in a US Mil shooting match. And no, it wasn't awarded to me, I purchased it through an acquaintance from the awardee. The "O-65" is electro-penciled on the receiver and it still has the matching yellow grease pencil markings on the parts from the USMC arsenal rebuild in '65. Not super attached to it since I won't shoot it but, just like the proverbial "saving her for the next guy", one of my kids will probably be banging away on it some day....

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly19 View Post
    Shoot them. I have a very rare Sig P226 in factory satin nickel (part of a late 80s FBI consignment that was a little over-produced, so a few made it onto the open market), and I still shoot it every now and then. If it's really a true "investment", then lock it away...but otherwise, enjoy it!
    I have a 1990 KA factory nickel P226 with nickel 15rd magazines that is one of my favorites and somewhat harder to find. Definitely gets range time.
    Gilly19 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you had an old Colt Python I could see keeping it as a safe queen, but HK firearms are so robust it seems like a waste not to shoot the heck out of them.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I shoot my Colt Python, Colt Anaconda,
    HK USP Elite 9mm, HK USP Match 9mm, and ...
    Shoot them, enjoy them. Or when you are gone someone else will.

Just my opinion.
    Doc
    Gilly19, markg and mew like this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links