USP Compact and P2000 Night Sights
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SRTNITRO

Thread: USP Compact and P2000 Night Sights

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default USP Compact and P2000 Night Sights

I just picked up a USPc 40. The rear sight is a MMC adjustable with Tritium marked PT-H3 and the front sight is a Trijicon H3 night sight. The Tritium is dead on both sights.

All my other USP's have Truglo TFO yellow rear on them and my P2000 has set of Tru-Dot's (came on it when I bought it).

Since TRUGLO no longer makes the TFO for the USP, I was looking at the TFX Pro sights. They don't make them for the USP either but they do make them for the all the new model HK's. Since replacing all sights is a custom process, is it possible to file the TFX Pro sights to fit the USPc and the P2000?

I prefer to have the same style sights on all my carry pistols so this is why I am asking. Or should I just try and get Trijicon to service the night sights? I have no experience with MMC. It looks good I guess but I don't give a crap about esthetics when it comes to sights.

Cheers!
    Last edited by SRTNITRO; 03-14-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    ROCK OUT WITH YOUR KOCH OUT!!
    SEMPER FI Marines!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Bought a gently used OD Green USP Tactical 45 that had the 3 dot MMC sights on it, very well made robust sights. Contact Trijicon to find out what they charge to install new tritium lamps in both sights and how long it takes. Don't have any experience with TFX Pro sight, do have Trijicon Green night sights (not Trijicon HD) installed on a USP Compact 9mm that I really like. Would depend to me how much the cost, new Trijicon lamps in your MMC vs. new Trijicon night sights
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    Bought a gently used OD Green USP Tactical 45 that had the 3 dot MMC sights on it, very well made robust sights. Contact Trijicon to find out what they charge to install new tritium lamps in both sights and how long it takes. Don't have any experience with TFX Pro sight, do have Trijicon Green night sights (not Trijicon HD) installed on a USP Compact 9mm that I really like. Would depend to me how much the cost, new Trijicon lamps in your MMC vs. new Trijicon night sights
    Yeah they are growing on me. It appears the mmc rear is designed as low drag for concealed carry. Not sure the rear night sights are trijicon. They are just stamped PT-H3 and the front sight is marked Trijicon H3.

I sent Trijicon an email to see if they could replace the vials. Since there isn't really a lot of it other options for the Compact, if they can do it for a nominal fee and turn around time I might just go with that and call it a day.

I talked with Marine0303 about the truglo sights and he told me that filing P30 or VP sights to fit won't work.

Does anyone know if MMC is still in business? Some old posts had some horror stories about people sending in their slides to a Vegas location and never getting them back. Google search results come back with this website

https://www.sightsinc.com/ which doesn't seem right.

They offer the sights but the pictures are completely different and it says night sights are coming soon. Odd.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

MMC=Miniature Machine Company

Last time I checked was years ago, they make/made some nice sights...try a google.com search maybe?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

MMC=Miniature Machine Company

Last time I checked was years ago, they make/made some nice sights...try a google.com search maybe?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    I did. Only thing recent that came up was https://www.sightsinc.com/

Look it up. Doesn't seem right. Says that they are located in Burleson, TX.

Previous information listed them in Las Vegas at the Old Innovative Weaponry Inc location. I live roughly an hour from there. I might just drive down there to see what's what.
    Kost likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SRTNITRO View Post
    I did. Only thing recent that came up was https://www.sightsinc.com/

Look it up. Doesn't seem right. Says that they are located in Burleson, TX.

Previous information listed them in Las Vegas at the Old Innovative Weaponry Inc location. I live roughly an hour from there. I might just drive down there to see what's what.
    Looks like you found them! I would reach out to them and see if they can guide you to next step. I have a feeling Trijicon is/was the company that put the Tritium vials in the MMC night sights for them.

If that's the case, I would next reach out to Trijicon directly for cost and time to replace the Tritium vials.
    Last edited by Kost; 03-15-2020 at 02:54 PM.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Looks like you found them! I would reach out to them and see if they can guide you to next step. I have a feeling Trijicon is/was the company that put the Tritium vials in the MMC night sights for them.

If that's the case, I would next reach out to Trijicon directly for cost and time to replace the Tritium vials, or buy new MMC nights sights from Sights Inc. Miniature Machine Company
    if you like that particular night sight
    I'd prefer going through Trijicon. Just have to wait for their reply on Monday.

Sights Inc. Miniature Machine Company only lists 1911 sights on their website. Seems like a big unknown and I'm not comfortable with sending them my slide after the horror stories I've read about.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SRTNITRO View Post
    I'd prefer going through Trijicon. Just have to wait for their reply on Monday.

Sights Inc. Miniature Machine Company only lists 1911 sights on their website. Seems like a big unknown and I'm not comfortable with sending them my slide after the horror stories I've read about.
    I would do the same as you, no reason to send the sights to MMC, since they most likely would send them out to Trijicon for installation of the Tritium vials.

TooSixy here on HKPRO does very good installs, with a high quality sight pusher, absolutely top shelf, never any damage to sights or slide. He has done 2 sight installs for me, 1 was a USP Stainless 45 slide, I would not have had him do the install if I didn't trust him,
    his work was great! =)
    Last edited by Kost; 03-15-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Sponsored Links