HK USP 9mm w/threaded barrel (not a tactical?)
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yz125racer

Thread: HK USP 9mm w/threaded barrel (not a tactical?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK USP 9mm w/threaded barrel (not a tactical?)

Excuse my ignorance guys, I tried to search this but I couldn't find any results. I stopped at a local shop today and they had 2 HK USP 9mm pistols with threaded barrels from factory. The salesman said they had been there for about 7 years and they were clearing them out. He gave me a good price so I bought it without hesitation. I was under the impression that this was the "Tactical" model since it came with a threaded barrel but it does not say "Tactical" on the slide, just USP. The box says "USP 9MMX19 FOR SILENCE". I've never seen this particular model so I was wondering if anyone had any more information on it. Thanks for the help!
    IMG_5002

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

This is the old USP9 SD. Its the version that was out before the usp9 tactical came out. It lacks the o ring on the barrel and the match trigger kit when compared to the usp9 tactical. I think they were discontinued in 2014. I really like them. If the price is right, they are great guns.
    Last edited by yz125racer; 03-18-2020 at 08:44 PM.
    Vincent04 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yz125racer View Post
    This is the old USP9 SD. Its the version that was out before the usp9 tactical came out. It lacks the o ring on the barrel and the match trigger kit when compared to the usp9 tactical. I think they were discontinued in 2014. I really like them. If the price is right, they are great guns.
    Thank you for the info! That makes sense now. Another dummy question, what is the purpose of the O-ring on the barrel? And is it a problem that these pistols do not have them?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by psdan000 View Post
    Thank you for the info! That makes sense now. Another dummy question, what is the purpose of the O-ring on the barrel? And is it a problem that these pistols do not have them?
    I believe it reduces barrel movement and makes for a tighter lockup but I've heard many say it does nothing. My usp45 full size runs great and has no oring. I wouldnt say its anything to worry about. THe usp9 sd is a great gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just to add, not hijack: But is the recoil spring a different weight? I remember hearing years ago that it was between the SD and Tactical.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Congratulations on the acquisition!!!
    Presume the SN's on the barrel and slide match.

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jordan90 View Post
    Just to add, not hijack: But is the recoil spring a different weight? I remember hearing years ago that it was between the SD and Tactical.
    I couldn't image they'd be different. Both a little stiffer than a standard USP right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The USP platform is just amazing. Something about holding it that just gives you some kind of confidence. I hope you enjoy it and congrats!! You got a great deal on a USP be happy and enjoy the p**s outta it! I got a deal on a full-size 9 about a year ago, similar situation the gun had been sitting for a few years and it didn’t even sell when they dropped it on Black Friday. I found it after the holidays and got a sweet deal on it and made it into what I want, which is what you should do too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HK USP 9mm w/threaded barrel (not a tactical?)-41008665-b43f-4897-a248-d771bd9a3490_1584628380539.jpeg  

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by psdan000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yz125racer View Post
    This is supposed to be HK's answer to a barrel bushing, supposed to promote precise barrel lock up. Have one of these on my usp 45 and I do see a slight change in accuracy but I do have extra length due to the threaded barrel. I dont think it's a necessity because I've seen regular usp champ them out straight to death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought the O ring was to help keep the suppressor from unthreading while shooting? Sigs have a left hand thread to supposedly keep it from loosening. I know I have much less issue with a can on my pistols than with the right hand thread on my Tavor.

Sponsored Links