Beyond Frustrated With My LEM - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Beyond Frustrated With My LEM

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Standard LEM is like an old DA only revolver.....Barely better than a good knife. IMHO

You need to have the trigger system improved. When the 4.1 LEM came out I was able to group buy the parts and have Bill Springfield install. I spent months at the range not to mention over 2-3000 rounds of ammo before I mastered it. One of my club ranges is 3 minutes from my office, so I would practice 3-5 days a week, not to mention dry firing at home. My biggest takeaway is the older we get and especially people that have worked with their hands, we do not move our fingers independently as well as we did when we are younger. I have noticed a lot people move or grip all their fingers as they pull the trigger, so the long travel of the LEM magnifies the problem. Once you improve your LEM trigger spend a lot of time working your index finger separate of your other fingers. Those finger squeeze exercise tools work, but use the lighter pull/weight ones. Remember you are working on finger flexibility.

The only reason I applied so much effort to this trigger system is for safety. I carry every day, but I am a government contractor, so many times I have to unholster to enter a building and holster when I return to my truck. I carried a block when CHL passed in Texas in 1998, but was always concerned about holstering. One day I had a close call with heavy winds and my jacket zipper, so that’s when I decided to consider a change. I love 1911’s, but anything smaller than Commander size, I do not trust to function. Carrying a Commander in Texas in the summer time is not comfortable, but my P30k is better. Not to mention sweat, dirt, grime, rainstorm and durability. My two cents
    WolfieRules and Kost like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffdriver View Post
    Shack. Learning LEM takes commitment to the system, no matter what. Giving up on the gun or changing springs isn't addressing the issue. It takes hours of slow, solid fundamental shooting over a few weeks. Once it all clicks, it's easier to pick up again after a break.

If your goal is to shoot steel at speed, the VP9 is probably the way to go.
    This 100%. I'll take 1000 rounds of practice over a parts swap/trigger job any day...
    Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm probably exaggerating slightly about the DA revolver because I'm very deliberate, much like when I shoot LEM well. I do remember ordering the springs for the Todd Green Special and if I remember where I put those (4 moves since) maybe I'll try putting in those springs. I swear I don't remember shooting the P30L this poorly, but I have a feeling it's definitely the heavy version which I suspect is causing me to pull. I may also play with the grip panels and see if maybe it's slightly too big for my hands - I know it's not USP 45 big though :) :). Heaven's forbid that I'll have to bring my paper targets back out, but if I must....well, I will.

It's just staggering to me how much "easier" and "better" for me the VP9 is. I guess I'm still coming to grips with that.

And yes, practice is good, no doubt about that. Now that the range is 15 minutes down the road, I have no excuse. I've been hitting it weekly. Too much rain here tough and at times you could set up a duck blind and decoys.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    This. Start with James. He's terrific and ridiculously fair. I've sent him several Hk's and he treats them like his own.

Also, LEM may not be for everyone. My p30sk is LEM but none of my others. I like it for a carry gun but not for competition.
    This again. Hopefully I can get more out to him again once this virus panic goes away
    HK45
    HK45c
    P30
    P30sk
    VP9
    VP9sk
    P7 PSP
    P7M8
    D54

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Good luck if this a carry firearm. If it is ever used in self defense, this type of modification will be used against you. I don't carry LEM. DA/SA P2000sk and VP9SK. I just bought them and shot them. They are good to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jpgeorge View Post
    Good luck if this a carry firearm. If it is ever used in self defense, this type of modification will be used against you. I don't carry LEM. DA/SA P2000sk and VP9SK. I just bought them and shot them. They are good to go.
    Just curious as to what you base this upon? Legal precedent? What's the difference if using HK's own springs to change the version number (V1, V4, etc) than having just shopped a bit longer and found a V1, V4, etc? In that aspect, it is absolutely no difference than what could be purchased or modified by HK directly. Just curious if you know of an actual case and can cite said case, not just internet "data." Since you're from NY, I'm assuming that this may indeed have been a case in NY or CA.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mine is a hybrid - USP Expert Match Trigger Set modified by HK with the Combat Competition LEM, and then I had Bruce Gray do his action job and major reset reduction which was awesome.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BytorJr View Post
    Just curious as to what you base this upon? Legal precedent? What's the difference if using HK's own springs to change the version number (V1, V4, etc) than having just shopped a bit longer and found a V1, V4, etc? In that aspect, it is absolutely no difference than what could be purchased or modified by HK directly. Just curious if you know of an actual case and can cite said case, not just internet "data." Since you're from NY, I'm assuming that this may indeed have been a case in NY or CA.
    His statement is completely unfounded - disregard. It's irritating when guys go on the internet and claim this kind of stuff with zero court cases to back it up, but you see it all the time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffdriver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcutter View Post
    I had a P30SK light LEM and could shoot it rapid fire reasonably well if I rode the reset but it's a whole different animal than a DA/SA or a striker fired. I don't have trouble transitioning between DA/SA and striker, especially with my guns with action jobs and light trigger pulls, but I think if you're going to shoot the LEM you just shoot LEM. The stock triggers on my USPCs are much heavier than my modded P229s but shooting rapid fire the trigger pull is all but unnoticeable and doesn't materially affect my accuracy. I'm betting changing to a light LEM won't fix the problem.
    Shack. Learning LEM takes commitment to the system, no matter what. Giving up on the gun or changing springs isn't addressing the issue. It takes hours of slow, solid fundamental shooting over a few weeks. Once it all clicks, it's easier to pick up again after a break.

If your goal is to shoot steel at speed, the VP9 is probably the way to go.
    Right here...takes a commitment to learn LEM. I LIGHT LEM all of mine and have shot the hybrid, but am too lazy jump in on it.

1ķ rounds as minimum to learn the LEM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Greyguns

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links