Beyond Frustrated With My LEM - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Beyond Frustrated With My LEM

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jpgeorge View Post
    Good luck if this a carry firearm. If it is ever used in self defense, this type of modification will be used against you. I don't carry LEM. DA/SA P2000sk and VP9SK. I just bought them and shot them. They are good to go.
    I too, would like to know where or what information you have that you are basing your opinion on? Do you know what the LEM actually stands for. And how many Law Enforcement agencies, Federal, state, local and private actually issue/carry these weapons?
    Kost and WolfieRules like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4C Dragon View Post
    Standard LEM is like an old DA only revolver.....Barely better than a good knife. IMHO

You need to have the trigger system improved. When the 4.1 LEM came out I was able to group buy the parts and have Bill Springfield install. I spent months at the range not to mention over 2-3000 rounds of ammo before I mastered it. One of my club ranges is 3 minutes from my office, so I would practice 3-5 days a week, not to mention dry firing at home. My biggest takeaway is the older we get and especially people that have worked with their hands, we do not move our fingers independently as well as we did when we are younger. I have noticed a lot people move or grip all their fingers as they pull the trigger, so the long travel of the LEM magnifies the problem. Once you improve your LEM trigger spend a lot of time working your index finger separate of your other fingers. Those finger squeeze exercise tools work, but use the lighter pull/weight ones. Remember you are working on finger flexibility.

The only reason I applied so much effort to this trigger system is for safety. I carry every day, but I am a government contractor, so many times I have to unholster to enter a building and holster when I return to my truck. I carried a block when CHL passed in Texas in 1998, but was always concerned about holstering. One day I had a close call with heavy winds and my jacket zipper, so that’s when I decided to consider a change. I love 1911’s, but anything smaller than Commander size, I do not trust to function. Carrying a Commander in Texas in the summer time is not comfortable, but my P30k is better. Not to mention sweat, dirt, grime, rainstorm and durability. My two cents

I agree 4CD! My whole take away is like yours, our hands get stiff or movement is restricted with repetitive daily tasks at work etc. I'm one who always goes back to the 3 basics of shooting, the gripping fingers should NOT move with the trigger finger movement...ever!

*Sights
    *Trigger
    *Grip

Practice practice practice...repeat as many sessions that are needed to master or at least become fairly proficient!
    Can not stress this enough!
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes, NY. No court cases that I know of. NY attorney told me that if he was prosecuting someone with a provably modified firearm, he would use it against them in court.

Do what you want. Me, I am going to train with stock defensive items. Stock LEM is not good. I really like the VP9 trigger. I am not a tack driver, but I hope I have an acceptable skill level.

The only saving grace of the P2000SK DA/SA is that if you really needed to make a planned accurate shot, you could cock the hammer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jpgeorge View Post
    Yes, NY. No court cases that I know of. NY attorney told me that if he was prosecuting someone with a provably modified firearm, he would use it against them in court.

Do what you want. Me, I am going to train with stock defensive items. Stock LEM is not good. I really like the VP9 trigger. I am not a tack driver, but I hope I have an acceptable skill level.

The only saving grace of the P2000SK DA/SA is that if you really needed to make a planned accurate shot, you could cock the hammer.
    Well, there you have it...A New York Attorney. From your comment doesn't sound like he is a Prosecutor or DA. His "advice" is worth every penny you paid for it.
    A good shoot in self defense is a good shoot. Your "attorney" sounds like one of those...we call them ambulance chasers here in NC...lawyers that would be on the door step of the wife/mother/grandmother etc wanting to "represent" them in his civil suit against you. Because "po. little Johnny just went to the wrong house that night!"
    ...and a little piece of advice, if you have time to cock your weapon, you have time to duck and run!!!
    FWIW: Phil
    veritas likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links