Beyond Frustrated With My LEM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Beyond Frustrated With My LEM

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Beyond Frustrated With My LEM

Background: So, a new range opened up a few months ago and I've been making the most of getting back into shooting steel targets.

Hardware: VP9, P30L/P2000SK LEM, Walther PPQ 22LR.

Issue: VP9, PPQ 22LR - shoot very high percentage of hits on 10" plates at 20-25 yards. It got "boring" at 15. Actually the PPQ is easy at 35 yards.
    LEM - I'm just awful. If I shoot them like a target rifle I can actually hit but > 15 yards I admit I suck. I'm not 100% sure what version they are; regardless the break seems excessively long and heavy. Compared to the VP9, it's like going from a sports car to a minivan. I almost shoot a DA revolver better...actually I do.

Solution: a) Send to Gray/Lazy Wolf? Which of those two?
    b) Change out the springs myself (I remember ordering some a long time ago from HKparts.net and never put them in.
    I lost ability to go shoot due to lack of facilities, so I never got motvivated).
    c) Another solution I don't know about that will get me lighter trigger, better break, and shorter reset?

If I got to solution "a" what do I need to ask for to reduce the pull weight and clean up the break? Though the VP9 is so much better for me, it's tempting not to sell both of the LEMs. But I don't want to. I feel sure there is some solution other than thousands of rounds downrange.

Thanks...sorry for the frustration, but it is shocking to shoot the VP9 lights out and LEM worse than a DA revolver.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

it sounds like u have a heavy Lem version I would put in a light trigger return spring and go from there first

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I loved the LEM in theory - but at the range, I found it to be quite difficult to shoot fast/accurately compared to just about any other system (striker fired, DA/SA, SAO, revolver, squirt gun....). Many other shooters (but not all) have mentioned a similar experience.

Couple that with the 'okay' stock trigger of the P-Series and I'd say that's the source of your frustration. Maybe it'll be magic for you after adjusting the trigger - it's hard to say without you trying it out.

Personally, I decided to sell my LEM's and switch systems. Now I primarily shoot a P30LS, cocked and locked (V3) with an aftermarket trigger fix. I shoot it about the same as the VP9, but prefer the feel/features of the P30LS. YMMV.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    al_romig likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had a P30SK light LEM and could shoot it rapid fire reasonably well if I rode the reset but it's a whole different animal than a DA/SA or a striker fired. I don't have trouble transitioning between DA/SA and striker, especially with my guns with action jobs and light trigger pulls, but I think if you're going to shoot the LEM you just shoot LEM. The stock triggers on my USPCs are much heavier than my modded P229s but shooting rapid fire the trigger pull is all but unnoticeable and doesn't materially affect my accuracy. I'm betting changing to a light LEM won't fix the problem.

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

I'll be happy to help you get it sorted. Just give me a shout via the website.
    Phaedrus and Ratwater1958 like this.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcutter View Post
    I had a P30SK light LEM and could shoot it rapid fire reasonably well if I rode the reset but it's a whole different animal than a DA/SA or a striker fired. I don't have trouble transitioning between DA/SA and striker, especially with my guns with action jobs and light trigger pulls, but I think if you're going to shoot the LEM you just shoot LEM. The stock triggers on my USPCs are much heavier than my modded P229s but shooting rapid fire the trigger pull is all but unnoticeable and doesn't materially affect my accuracy. I'm betting changing to a light LEM won't fix the problem.
    Shack. Learning LEM takes commitment to the system, no matter what. Giving up on the gun or changing springs isn't addressing the issue. It takes hours of slow, solid fundamental shooting over a few weeks. Once it all clicks, it's easier to pick up again after a break.

If your goal is to shoot steel at speed, the VP9 is probably the way to go.
    Type 2 control, cleared hot.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    This. Start with James. He's terrific and ridiculously fair. I've sent him several Hk's and he treats them like his own.

Also, LEM may not be for everyone. My p30sk is LEM but none of my others. I like it for a carry gun but not for competition.
    grumpy1 and Marine0303 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    ^^^^This. ^^^^
    Marine0303 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yep. Saying you "shoot a DA revolver better" says you need training and practice on the LEM. It's different than DA, DA/SA and SF.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links