HK P30s V3 trigger upgrade

Thread: HK P30s V3 trigger upgrade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK P30s V3 trigger upgrade

About 9 weeks ago I sent my HK P30s V3 to one of the big companies that do a lot of trigger upgrades. I just got it back last week and had a chance to shoot the upgraded P30 this past weekend. I happen to have 2 of the exact same gray frame P30's just a few serial numbers apart. The work I had done on one of them included changing some springs, reduced reset, refinishing all fire control parts, etc. I took out both P30's to shoot and compare. To be completely honest the only difference I can tell is a little bit shorter rest on the upgraded one. This post is in no way intended to knock the companies who do these upgrades. The place I sent my HK to did deliver on what they said they were going to do. I have no issues with the work preformed or anything, but.....just wanted to put it out there that despite the sometimes bad rap that HK handgun triggers often get- they are actually pretty good. I think they actually become pretty great after a couple thousand rounds. I have always noticed the long P30 reset with very slow dry fire, or during the summer when I am used to shooting my USPSA guns, but after a few rounds I get used to all the HK triggers again pretty quick. The only point of this post is just to give the perspective that upgrades can be fun and worthwhile, but HK triggers really are quite good to go right out of the box. Dont be easley swayed by the guntube talkers who just dry fire in front of a camera. HK pistols are good shooters that break in really well with high round counts in my opinion. As they say - your milage may vary!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I wrestled with sending my P30 and P30sk off for trigger work (or just buying the diy kits) but after taking them both to the range, I’m shooting them so well I’m not as concerned about the long reset anymore. The trigger kicks back with enough force that I don’t short stroke it when shooting faster and that’s all that matters to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I totally agree with everything you just said. The reset is a bit long, but strong which I think does make it very manageable.

mew
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I agree Ike, it took me longer to master my LEM P30 than my V3 even though the V3 is very long it sure is a tack driver.
    Alas, my vp9 is better than either so the P30's are gone now.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Sponsored Links