Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: HK USP vs HK 45

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    ...Maybe a USP Expert??
    I’m sure the expert is better is some ways. But I kinda meant my response as if “you had to pick one”. Obviously buy both if you can afford them. Both great guns. I’ve had both and ended up getting rid of the hk45 because I personally did not shoot it as well as usp45. And I liked having the extra 2 rounds that it can carry. And as other here have said. The usp is a big gun when compared to most other guns so it’s probably not comfortable for those with smaller hands.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you already have a USP45, then I would get the HK45. I have a USP45 V1 and love it, but it is just a tad to large for my hands. My USP9 LEM is absolutely perfect! I will be swapping out the V1 for LEM as soon as I find some LEM kits. I want to get an HK45 sometime, but not before I get my rifles lined out.
    bp1 likes this.
    HK USP45
    HK USP9
    HK Stainless USP45c
    Colt Stainless S70 1911 Government
    Colt 6920 Trooper
    PTR91 GI

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave7120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    ...Maybe a USP Expert??
    Yes I like this idea as well!
    It's a great idea for sure had one and it was beautiful but I think a regular usp 45 would be just fine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well its settled Usp 45 for the win!
    bp1, AGG, PorterM and 2 others like this.

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

They are more alike, than different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Own both and prefer the USP, for certain. Not sure I have a good reason, as I really like the grips on my P30 and HK45T. My hands aren't even that large and I still prefer the ergos of the USP.
    Last edited by ZweiPistolen; 03-28-2020 at 11:21 PM.
    dpadams6 and NUARTYBOY like this.
    HK45T
    P30v3 9x19
    USP40T
    USP45T
    USPc 9x19

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duo007 View Post
    Is there a plus going from a usp 45 to a hk45 other then 1913 rail and better grip? Losing 2 rounds is not that major concern. . .
    You’re actually losing a lot more than 2 rounds. Solum Tool makes +1, +2, and +3 extensions for the USP45 and Mark 23. https://solumtool.com/collections/all

I tried the Solum Tool 9mm magazine extension, and was so impressed that I said I would pre-pay for 50 units and donate 5 magazines for endurance and destruction testing if they made them for the USP45, but that I wanted to see a prototype +1, +2, and +3 before making my decision. They accepted my offer, and the final product totally exceeded all of my highest expectations. In the end, my preference was for the +2, and I ordered all 50 units at +2, although I want to say their best seller is the +3.

The +2 and +3 ship with the Wolff Gunsprings +10% spring as well. They ultimately did not decide to offer a +4 or +5 because they could not source a spring that they believed would make the unit duty/combat grade reliable.

In my (as of this writing) 30-year shooting career, the single best handgun I have ever used is a H&K USP45, with:
    -grip restippling from Fowler Industries;
    -Solum Tool +2 magazine extension;
    -GG&G M1913 picatinny rail adapter;
    -Surefire X300A Ultra;
    -Lazy Wolf Guns reduced reset trigger;
    - NP3+ nickel Teflon on barrel and internal trigger components;
    -Dawson Precision competition black rear in .145 notch width with Trijicon tritium front (you can send these to Tooltech Gunsight, for $10.00 they will change the ring color to HD Orange or HD Yellow).

For me, the grip restippling to remove the horrendous cheese grater checkering on front and backstraps was by far the single biggest breakthrough on the USP platform. I believe a lot more people would take the USP45 over the HK45 with zero hesitation if they had the chance to experience the weapon with a grip-restippling. In my experience, both dry and live-fire, there is no gripsleeve (Hogue/Pachmayr) or other accessory (Talon Grips, etc) which can match the performance of a professional re-stippling.
    Last edited by Lossiter; 03-28-2020 at 09:09 PM.
    ZweiPistolen and Steeldog like this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

There is always a universal answer to these questions. If you can narrow an HK firearm to two choices, that means get both! With that said, USP all they way.
    dpadams6 likes this.
    MK 23
    USP9 Expert
    USP9 Tactical
    P2000 9mm
    SP5
    SP5K

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duo007 View Post
    Well its settled Usp 45 for the win!
    Wise decision!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HK45 ergos make them better for me. However both are great guns, and training is most important.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links