Mark 23 safety question
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marine0303

Thread: Mark 23 safety question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Mark 23 safety question

I’ve tried google and I’ve tried looking on here and can’t find any info so I’m going to ask the experts here before I break down and call HK Customer Service. Is there an aftermarket safety for the Mark 23 with a different shape I may try out? Or even any way to remove just the right side safety? I’m a lefty and the safety on the Mk23 eats the skin off my thumb knuckle (at the base of my thumb) every time I shoot it. The left side safety is beveled, but not so on the right side. I’d be happy to remove the safety altogether and just use the decocker but I haven’t found any of these as options in my search.
    Anybody know of any other options, or do I just need to expect to bleed whenever I shoot it?

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegoJoker View Post
    I’ve tried google and I’ve tried looking on here and can’t find any info so I’m going to ask the experts here before I break down and call HK Customer Service. Is there an aftermarket safety for the Mark 23 with a different shape I may try out? Or even any way to remove just the right side safety? I’m a lefty and the safety on the Mk23 eats the skin off my thumb knuckle (at the base of my thumb) every time I shoot it. The left side safety is beveled, but not so on the right side. I’d be happy to remove the safety altogether and just use the decocker but I haven’t found any of these as options in my search.
    Anybody know of any other options, or do I just need to expect to bleed whenever I shoot it?
    There are no aftermarket options. The right side selector holds the left side in place. Removing the right side would cause the left side, with the axle to fall out. If you don't want the right side, you could have the extended portion cut off, but leaving the base in place to secure the rest.
    AutoLode likes this.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I once bought a USP with the fire control lever filed down nearly flat. The previous owner had done it to minimize the carrying profile. I kinda dug it too but swapped in an ambi set later. Maybe you could pick up an extra lever set from somewhere and file the left side control to your taste. Swap it in and see what you think. That way you still have the original if’n you lose your mind and sell the Mark some day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I beveled the bottom edge and rear of the decocker on mine because it dug in.
    Last edited by M1garand; 04-01-2020 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Wrong info

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
    I once bought a USP with the fire control lever filed down nearly flat. The previous owner had done it to minimize the carrying profile. I kinda dug it too but swapped in an ambi set later. Maybe you could pick up an extra lever set from somewhere and file the left side control to your taste. Swap it in and see what you think. That way you still have the original if’n you lose your mind and sell the Mark some day.
    That’s not a bad idea. Get an extra so I’ll still have a fully functional piece and take a little off of the other to see if I can keep from tearing my skin off every time i shoot it!

Sponsored Links