NGD - HK VP9SK LE - Will it replace my VP9-B - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: NGD - HK VP9SK LE - Will it replace my VP9-B

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

You're going to find paddles faster and more intuitive than a button and far less prone to unintentional mag drop.

13 round factory mags are what I and my son use on our SKs. His is a P30SK I bought him for his 21st b-day, I alternate between VP9SK and P30SK, I just like hammers on CCW guns.

Curiously I shoot the 9SK at least as well as my full size, it's a mini-tack driver.
    gairman and caanuride like this.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    You're going to find paddles faster and more intuitive than a button and far less prone to unintentional mag drop.

13 round factory mags are what I and my son use on our SKs. His is a P30SK I bought him for his 21st b-day, I alternate between VP9SK and P30SK, I just like hammers on CCW guns.

Curiously I shoot the 9SK at least as well as my full size, it's a mini-tack driver.
    I can't wait to get out and break it in this weekend and get more familiar with it. Does your VP9SK feed a variety of ammo? I have a mix, but mostly 115Gr. I will probably use Hornady Defense 124Gr for home defense.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gairman View Post

I can't wait to get out and break it in this weekend and get more familiar with it. Does your VP9SK feed a variety of ammo? I have a mix, but mostly 115Gr. I will probably use Hornady Defense 124Gr for home defense.
    So far mine has feed everything I’ve put through it. I only shoot good factory ammo. It’s been flawless with FMJ and +p self defense ammo from a ton of brands and grains. I usually try to stick with 124gr or 147. But the 115’s I’ve put through it were perfect too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There's another option to get extra rounds in the VP9sk:

Pick up a couple extra VP9 15-round mags (or perhaps 17-round mags) and a couple of the 3D printed mag sleeves on Ebay. I think the seller is bbrnkyle. They fit better than the X-Grip sleeves. Then you can fit 15 rounds in the SK. I did this, but found the sleeves a little too slick for my grip. I sent them to our forum brother TheJerkMan for stippling. He does an excellent job on these, and I enjoy shooting with them. But the 15-round mags are just a little too big for concealment. Nevertheless, I recommend them since you already have a VP9.
    Last edited by Razzle; 04-02-2020 at 09:39 PM.
    gairman likes this.
    Mark
    HK VP9SK
    HK VP9
    Taurus Judge
    Charter Arms .38 Off Duty Special
    Beretta Model 1935

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Welcome to a great forum and congrats on a great pistol!!
    gairman likes this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gairman View Post
    I've shot 115 to 147 without issue. That said, I only use Brass cased ammo as HK recommends. 115 +P+ to +P in other weights.

Of all my HKs, I've only had issues with one bad box of ammo, causing a handful (yes all of 5) of FTRB, that's over a total of 45K rounds and counting.

All I do, is shoot my HKs and clean them about every thousand rounds....I've gone up to 4700 rounds on a VP9 without cleaning (just for grins) and had no issues.

Have fun, stay safe. BTW, for HD consider HSTs or Gold Dots, as the Hornady may not expand well out of shorter SK barrel.
    gairman likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've shot 115 to 147 without issue. That said, I only use Brass cased ammo as HK recommends. 115 +P+ to +P in other weights.

Of all my HKs, I've only had issues with one bad box of ammo, causing a handful (yes all of 5) of FTRB, that's over a total of 45K rounds and counting.

All I do, is shoot my HKs and clean them about every thousand rounds....I've gone up to 4700 rounds on a VP9 without cleaning (just for grins) and had no issues.

Have fun, stay safe. BTW, for HD consider HSTs or Gold Dots, as the Hornady may not expand well out of shorter SK barrel.

Thanks Wolfie. Good feedback. The VP9SK barrel is 3.5" ish but your point is well taken and appreciated. I ordered 200 Rds of Federal Premium HST's a couple of days ago for my VP9SK LE. I'll use the Hornady ammo I already have for my full size VP9.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I’ll second the use of HST’s & Gold Dots for SD rounds. I use these two (whichever I can find) exclusively in all my carry guns. HK’s and Glocks. Very reliable.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Question is rather, should you replace the VP9-B to a paddle/VP9-OR.
    gairman likes this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    Question is rather, should you replace the VP9-B to a paddle/VP9-OR.
    I'd say yes, most all HK users realize paddles are the way to go.
    gairman and WRAM1 like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links