NGD - HK VP9SK LE - Will it replace my VP9-B - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: NGD - HK VP9SK LE - Will it replace my VP9-B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    Ace hardware 115 reloads, didn't know that existed. Anyway, lock slide back overnight, shoot 124 or new 115. Run any decent brass new 115, it'll work, though HKs like 124
    The ammo was not branded ACE Hardware. I forget what it was. I just bought it there recently as shelves were starting to empty entirely of 9mm ammo. I will shoot some new Federal or Remington UMC ammo I have on my shelf. The wierd thing however was that same ammo ran fine through the VP9SK and my Walther PPQ SC. But I will definitely get this baby purring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I received two 13 Round HK magazines today and they are perfect! Thanks guys. These are what I will use for everyday. I'll probably pick up a couple more.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gairman View Post
    I received two 13 Round HK magazines today and they are perfect! Thanks guys. These are what I will use for everyday. I'll probably pick up a couple more.
    Good deal. We all that have the 13 rounders knew you would like them. They function flawlessly too. Enjoy!!
    Last edited by Jslow; 04-08-2020 at 01:33 AM.
    gairman likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I cleaned my VP9-B after the first range session where I encountered several failure to feed and FTE issues. I went back to the range today to practice and make sure the VP9-B was feeding reliably.

I shot some different factory 115Gr FMJ ball ammo today and I also shot some 124gr Remington UMC FMJ ball ammo. Not a single hangup from any ammo today. Everything ran flawlessly from either the 15 Rd Mags and 17 round mags!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sounds like you've about gotten that stiff spring broken in. Enjoy!
    gairman likes this.
    Mark
    HK VP9SK
    HK VP9
    Taurus Judge
    Charter Arms .38 Off Duty Special
    Beretta Model 1935

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    Sounds like you've about gotten that stiff spring broken in. Enjoy!
    The gun is awesome. (and so is the VP9 SK LE I got too) Now it will be interesting to see which I favor. I still am more fluid with a mag release 'button'. But both VP9 and VP9SK's feel superb in my hand.

The trigger on the VP9-B I have is just a bit creepy in the take up and break. I think the trigger on my VP9SK is actually a bit more crisp.

Are there any aftermarket triggers that break a little cleaner? (I'm not in a rush. I still need to shoot more and break it in further.) Just thinking outloud.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I put Lobos triggers in both my VP9 and sk. Love em.

And look into a low profile magwell for the VP9. It makes a big difference in the grip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    I put Lobos triggers in both my VP9 and sk. Love em.

And look into a low profile magwell for the VP9. It makes a big difference in the grip.
    Did you do the trigger work yourself or have it done? I just researched the Lobos triggers and they look like a great upgrade.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gairman View Post
    Did you do the trigger work yourself or have it done? I just researched the Lobos triggers and they look like a great upgrade.
    I had both done by a couple gunsmiths. One was $40, the other $30. And be aware - it's not a simple drop-in. These guns are over-engineered. The last guy who installed the Lobos in my VP9 almost gave up before accidentally getting it right. He said it was like "performing surgery through a pipe."

If you go this route, you won't notice an immediate improvement. But after about 200 rounds, you'll see the improvement you were looking for..
    Last edited by Razzle; 04-11-2020 at 08:23 PM.
    gairman likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was breaking in another pistol at the range today and then practiced with my HK VP9SK LE. What an incredible Joy to shoot! It is such a natural pointer and feels so refined. It is effortless to get good groups off hand. I just did some quick shooting to test my defense ammo (Federal 124gr HST) and then I ran some hardball FMJ through it. What a GREAT weapon! I picked up a couple of 13 Round Mags for it and they are awesome.

10-Shot test with Federal 124gr HST jacketed Hollow points - 7 Yds/Offhand
    NGD - HK VP9SK LE  - Will it replace my VP9-B-hk-vp9sk-fed-124gr-hst.jpg

Various FMJ ball ammo
    NGD - HK VP9SK LE  - Will it replace my VP9-B-vp9sk-100-rounds.jpg
    Last edited by gairman; 04-25-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links