LEM trigger Replacement on Hk USP9 Compact Version 1 , Retain Safety Lever
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: LEM trigger Replacement on Hk USP9 Compact Version 1 , Retain Safety Lever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default LEM trigger Replacement on Hk USP9 Compact Version 1 , Retain Safety Lever

Good morning,

If I install a LEM trigger as replacement to the Original Trigger on my USP9 Compact V1,
    Can the Safety Lever be retained , as well as the Decocking mechanism.?
    Basically, I want a LEM trigger while Retaining the Safety lever and Decocker Function on my USP9mm Compact Version1

Thank you.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I think you can but the purpose of the LEM trigger is to have a single action like trigger without a safety.

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Hhm, yeah. No. You definitely don't want that. IMHO.

The Safety *may* be retained, but not the Decocker. As @robertp said, the purpose (or benefit) of the LEM/CDA system is to have SA break on every shot, and the ABSENCE of any Safety Lever.

ETA:
    The LEM basically decocks itself as you let off the Trigger (the external Hammer decocks to a long, light, DA pull, but the internal Cocking Piece remains cocked, for SA break).
    Last edited by bp1; 04-01-2020 at 09:12 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I have converted several Hk's to LEM from v1 DA/SA, and the benefits LEM without Safety lever are especially appreciated as a LH shooter, because of the generally RH design of the Safety being on the left side of the frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum dino_12271! For your best answer, contact HK Customer Service. I recently sent an HK45 to HK for this type of conversion (LEM with safety). I was told the control lever would only be a safety, with no decock ability (which I preferred). I also asked about a USPC and was told USP and USPCs can also be converted to this variant of LEM. I have also read on this board that there was a LEM conversion with a decock ability, but I do not recall the model of HK pistol. Like anything else, there are advantages and disadvantages of something. I personally think a LEM trigger with a manual safety is a great "nightstand gun" and it also makes a lot of sense for a pistol carried in a cloth type holster that is built into a jacket, etc, or bag carry in a dedicated pistol pocket. My oldest son is getting his concealed carry license soon, and he personally prefers a manual safety but likes the consistency of LEM (and being able to holster with a thumb on the hammer and gun on safe). If a LEM with manual safety is what you want, don't let anyone talk you out of it. Just commit to training with it however you set it up so you are confident with it under the stress of defensive situation.

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

If someone insists on a Safety, I do not understand why they would also want LEM. (And, a decocker).

That being said, the nice things about these Hk's is that we can have it however we want it, AND utilizing all OEM parts.
    Vincent04 likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bp1 View Post
    If someone insists on a Safety, I do not understand why they would also want LEM. (And, a decocker).
    I am one of those that wants a manual safety on my LEMs. Whenever I carry, I carry with the safety off. The one reason I want the safety is for non-carry situations, i.e., during administrative handling -- removing the gun from the holster to put it away, handle around the range, etc.

The number one reason I hear against a safety is concern about accidental engagement. I acknowledge the potential. For me, I'm willing to accept the accidental engagement risk for the administrative handling security.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
    I am one of those that wants a manual safety on my LEMs. Whenever I carry, I carry with the safety off. The one reason I want the safety is for non-carry situations, i.e., during administrative handling -- removing the gun from the holster to put it away, handle around the range, etc.

The number one reason I hear against a safety is concern about accidental engagement. I acknowledge the potential. For me, I'm willing to accept the accidental engagement risk for the administrative handling security.

Thank you for All the Responses.
    At least now I know that it can be done.
    I have a LEM trigger kit arriving but have yet to find a capable Guns smith.
    Am new to the Flatform and am not inclined to tinkering with the pistol myself.
    Am actually After retaining the Safety Lever function even after the LEM trigger install/ replacement.
    Grew up with the 1911 flatform , and actually bought the USP9C due to similarities in the manual of arms.
    Reliability wise ,I am all praises to Hk, Ive run a thousand rounds, so far No Failures.
    Though Im not yet proficient with the trigger of the USP9.
    Im assuming its because Im more accustomed to the SA trigger of our issue 1911 ,way back when I was still in the Military.
    Thank you All again for all your replies.

GOD BLESS!

Dins
    bp1 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Am actually After retaining the Safety Lever function even after the LEM trigger install/ replacement.
    Grew up with the 1911 flatform , and actually bought the USP9C due to similarities in the manual of arms.
    You are defeating the very purpose of the LEM. The long light take-up of the LEM is the safety mechanism, so there's no need for it.

IMHO, you're better off just keeping your DA/SA trigger and using the cock and lock feature with the safety.
    bp1 likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    You are defeating the very purpose of the LEM. The long light take-up of the LEM is the safety mechanism, so there's no need for it.

IMHO, you're better off just keeping your DA/SA trigger and using the cock and lock feature with the safety.
    Yep, if you're a 1911 guy, just pop in a V9 detent plate. Cheaper and closer to your goals. Heck, you can do it with no additional tools. It takes 30 seconds.
    bp1 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links