P2000 problems
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: P2000 problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P2000 problems

I tried replacing my backstrap on my used P2000 and something we t wrong. It started with the trigger being harder to pull and it had another break in the middle of it. After tinkering with it some more I got the trigger to go back to normal but now it won't cock, it's double action only. The slide has also completely locks up sometimes unless I pull the trigger first. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry you’re having problems. I have a P2000 but haven’t experienced a problem like yours. I don’t know much but I do know the hammer spring ( I guess that’s the correct term for the spring) inside the back strap area slips out and you have to be careful to reinstall it correctly . I have missed it on occasion and had to take the back strap off again to double check the spring. This may have nothing at all to do with your problem . I’m just trying to help.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I replaced my back strap on my p2000 (V3) a couple weeks ago but have not shot it. This conversation just made me run 5 dummy practice rounds through it. No issues. But I remember having to “tinker” a bit with the hammer spring when changing back straps out to double make sure it was seated properly. I would start with taking the back strap you just installed off and double checking your spring. I bet it’s just not seated properly. Let us know if that helps/fixes the issue.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

The hammer strut may have shifted out of position when you changed the backstop. That is why they changed the design with the HK45 and P30.
    FPNunes likes this.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    The hammer strut may have shifted out of position when you changed the backstop. That is why they changed the design with the HK45 and P30.
    Do you know how I can fix it if that is the case?

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Check youtube, or type in "hammerspring" on this site's search engine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update:

The slide is still locked up after I have taken the backstrap off and removed the spring and guide. I believe guide is the right term for it. The slide will go back about a quarter of an inch then it gets caught on something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update:

I think I found the culprit! This thing was sitting in my chair when I stood up! It is labeled as 21 on this chart. Does anyone know what this thing is called so I can order a new one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P2000 problems-15860119546095719047486831411600_1586011989938.jpg   P2000 problems-hecklerandkoch_p2000_schem_1586012043102.jpg  

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jtharlin View Post
    Update:

I think I found the culprit! This thing was sitting in my chair when I stood up! It is labeled as 21 on this chart. Does anyone know what this thing is called so I can order a new one?
    That's the sear spring and it definitely needs to be in there! I would order the match sear spring (and a spare) if you are having to replace it.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    ^^^^THIS...!
    Marine0303 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links