VP9/VP9SK reliability/longevity?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VP9/VP9SK reliability/longevity?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VP9/VP9SK reliability/longevity?

I have played and trained with a wide variety of handguns for a good long time now. My collection has grown to the point that I just don’t have time to shoot them all. I have trained with 1911’s, 2011’s and numerous plastic pistols from all the well known manufacturers but have always fallen back to my custom G19’s as my “if I could only have one” go to handgun(s). Well today I spent some quality time with my VP9 & VP9SK....

I am really worried now. The ease of handling, accuracy and natural shootability I experienced on the range today was surreal! So crazy smooth that it’s threatening to make me a convert.....These two HK pistols functioned like an extension of my arm......

Outside of my crazy observations here does anyone have personal experience with extreme use, super high round count, treat it terrible and it just keeps on going sort of history with the VP series that they care to share? I know my G19’s will do all this but will the VP9 keep up in that respect?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I've shot at least 75K rounds through my HKs without any issues, except on bad box of ammo had 5 FTRB. My main range toy has 27k down the pipe, just clean it once in a while and shoot it. My own durability test, no spring changes, nothing until it breaks (someday all things do) then I'll send to HK CS for a tune-up.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    P30 LS
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That’s an impressive track record for sure. Is the main range toy with 27k rounds a VP9?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't answer the long term/high round reliability question, but your intro reads like mine. I shot IPSC for several years and trained on 1911's. Know them well. I just bought both an HK VP9-B and HKVP9-SK LE a week later. I went to the range last weekend and shot them for the first time and they are absolute tack drivers. They are both natural pointers and feel like extensions of my hands. Great triggers, manageable recoil, just wonderful guns!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was wondering the same!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just buy a duplicate/ back-up for the ones you like.

I have a USP 9 that I've become really enamored with but I don't know if I'll pick up a second. It will probably last me a long time. I had an early VP9 that I shot a good bit but work uses Glocks so I sold the vp9 to keep my guns standard. I have several of them.
    I saw a VP9sk yesterday on sale at $495 I might go back and pick it up.... then I may need another :)
    Last edited by Nframe; 05-23-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nframe View Post
    Just buy a duplicate/ back-up for the ones you like.

I have a USP 9 that I've become really enamored with but I don't know if I'll pick up a second. It will probably last me a long time. I had an early VP9 that I shot a good bit but work uses Glocks so I sold the vp9 to keep my guns standard. I have several of them.
    I saw a VP9sk yesterday on sale at $495 I might go back and pick it up.... then I may need another :)
    One is none - Two is one...!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parausa View Post
    One is none - Two is one...!

excellent ! I'm helpful spending others $$.. :)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

my Vp9 failed at about 25K to 30K based on ammo receipts. The shaped spring for the trigger bar wore out. I also do a lot of dryfire, so that may have been a contributing factor. Also, should mention that mine has a custom trigger so not totally factory specs. I do try to keep it reasonably clean, but I don't go overboard. gun probably gets somewhat more abuse than your average civilian's handgun just because my club has some pretty active events, but nothing too crazy. Hope that helps.

My vp9sk has not had any hiccups but also has less mileage. Maybe around 15K to 20K rounds by now.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I shoot with a guy on the Hk team and he's over 40k rounds and still ticking. Like posted above, you may have a spring or something at some point. But unlikely you'll reach that round count. And if you do, every 15-20k rounds just replace the springs if you're worried. They are great pistols.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links