Am I Crazy? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Am I Crazy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post
    I'm here too... People who love the USP seems like a religion to them. Me, I sold my USPfs in stainless and never regretted it. Didn't like how it held, shot, or overall felt. Instead, I have several, several others including a Mark 23 but no more USPs.
    Quote Originally Posted by anavrin0901 View Post
    USPs are a religion to me, but again that is all people's own preference. No debate there. I own 6 of them, but recently picked up the Mark 23. I know it doesn't say USP on it, but to me it feels like a BIG USP. Am I wrong?
    They were like a fandom for me. Three of my USPs are more than ten years old and all well used but they still shoot like champs. The USP line still does a few things that you can't get in the others without going aftermarket from non-HK sources. Mark23 aside, there is no HK45 or P30 in an Expert or an Elite model. No tactical variant for the P30L in forty caliber when that should be a natural platform. No VP45 line at all. No VP or P30 in .357 Sig. No jet funnel mags in forty caliber for the VP/P30. No match trigger kit for the P30s (but you can approximate it) and hard to find any LEM kits right now.

On the downside, sighting options are becoming more limited for the USP without mill work being done. The VP9 is now optics ready and you can push an FT Bullesye or the Meprolight combination night sights and optical rail on the P30. It's also getting harder to find aiming modules for the old rail system, though I know hacks can be made. But even if we are just talking plain sights, a tweaked and worn in P30 V3 shoots smooth and sweet. The grips on the newer pistols are outstanding; while I am slipping Hogues over some of my USPs.

VPs and P30s are really nice weapons with their own aesthetics. The look is one other thing I personally like about USPs. Those guys look like cyberpunk pistols, like the ultimate science fiction firearms as envisioned by the 20th Century. A USP 9 Tactical with a jet funnel, a muzzle attachment, and an aiming module looks like the gun Robocop should have been using to whack drug dealers in Old Detroit. A USP Compact is what Lieutenant Goreman should have been firing at his last stand in the airducts agains the Xenomorphs even though it's awesome that he had a VP70. When I look at a USP slide it's like a casket. "Yup, yer dead."

I do think the company could, from a functional viewpoint, supersede the USP line if they added more variants to the succeeding lines. HK is on the verge of making the VP the next USP as far as the "universal" part goes, just from all the options they are now making available for it. But as long as they don't have a VP45 or more variants of the P30 in 40, there's still a place for the USP. From there, the only question is, can we also get some 10mm Auto love?
    Last edited by DaKillaB; 04-15-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    That's because EVERYBODY wants a USP Tactical - most time they choose either 9 or 45 -

I love the 40 any way and they are available MOST of the time in Expert and USP Tactical and the pistol prices are lower than the 9 and 45. And then the ammo is also a lot cheaper.

AND my USP compact in 40 carries 12 in the mag... and my full size USP 40 carries 13 in the mag.... Just sayin..
    I am a USP40 guy, and the Return of the Wonder 9 has made more of them available on the secondary market. My USP40T was bought used and it shoots fine. Although the ammo is way more expensive 'round here. But when the plague causes a run on ammo, forty is still on the shelves when the 9mm is sucked dry. That mattered because I bought my first USP 9 right before the SHTF. For a while there, I thought I had just spend a grand on a safe queen!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I have 3 USP's a P30L and 2 VP9's.

Everytime i hold a USP it feels like they way i imagine a gun should feel. It's like seeing some hot chick and she looks good...but then you feel your girl and she's got a little more weight in the hips and her ass is just a little more phat that makes it FEEL like perfection.

I don't even like my P30L. I don't know why. it feels "ergo" but it just doesn't "feel" right. I can't explain it.

VP9 would be better with a few small tweeks. P30 grips are better. if the slide was just .04" slimmer it would make it WAY more sexy and a real G competitor for mind share. I also think the trigger should be tilted 1-2mm back and have no slack just instant feel of connector movement.
    BF H&K Benelli SBE (it counts)
    KF USP 9mm V1

KK USPss 40sw V1 w/ 357 Sig barrel
    KK USPc 357Sig. V1

AG P2000sk 357Sig V2
    AG P2000 357Sig V2

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the input. I certainly miss most of the USPs I've had.

I just picked up a USP9T with jet funnel, new from a forum member here. Eagerly awaiting it in the mail.

Next up a HK45T (since I haven't owned one yet), and then I need something for carry. May a P30SK or VP9SK (I already own a VP9). Dammit...
    PorterM likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My 2¢- I would address my CCW needs before indulging in my other wants. If you know you're keeping the VP9, definitely get a VP9sk... get your CCW scenarios completely covered. Then, if you want to pick up a HK-flavored .45, do so. My very first HK was a USPc .45... and I hated it. The only .45's I keep around anymore are my Les Baer 1911's and an old Glock 21. Everything else is in 9mm. YMMV, of course...
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Instructor
    USN 1989-98

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maverick686 View Post
    I have a Dan Wesson 1911 Guardian (.45) I bought for carry. It doesn't carry super well, and while I like it, I don't love it.
    On this secondary note, I've owned a couple of DW 1911's, too. The same Guardian and a PM-C 9mm. While they were perfectly functional guns, as I believe most/all DW's to be, they just didn't "do" it for me. Not that you're looking to replace your VP9 for EDC, but if you really want a 1911-style pistol for a CCW option, take a look at the STI 2011's.
    maverick686 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links