Anyone seen 2020 pistols yet? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Anyone seen 2020 pistols yet?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Proof that the CA date code exists as I just brought this home today (serial number scrubbed in photo)

Anyone seen 2020 pistols yet?-mark-23-1.jpg
    PorterM and andru like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a P30SK V1 in 9mm with a CA date code.
    PorterM likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PorterM View Post
    My BK P2000 and my new CA P30L have the same finish/quality as my AG USP45, my AI HK45, and my BI VP9SK. I followed the other thread closely (even made a post there in regards to my BK P2000) but I have not witnessed that myself through my (admittedly) small sampling. When I got my P2000 I thought maybe the finish looked a little different (deep black) but after breaking it in and carrying it daily since mid-October it seems to be the same as my others.

In fact, here is a picture from this morning of the HK45 (AI) and the P30L (CA) next to each other. This was right after I put about 100 rounds through the HK45 and 500 through the new P30L.

Attachment 256472

I spoke to a longtime friend at H&K last week. The topic of the US production facility came up and I told him how positive this was for the American market as it greatly enhances the potential for them to offer an expanded product line.
    The pistols that are “U.S. Made” *ONLY* have the injection molded frames produced in the U.S.
    The slides, barrels, and ALL internal parts come from Germany.
    Even the extruded polymer pellets used to produce the injection molded frames *come from Germany*.
    I have compared my U.S. and German HKs, even across model lines. I do not see any difference whatsoever.

Edit: Even the metal frames / exoskeleton that the polymer pistol frame is molded over come from
    Germany.
    Last edited by CGuns1; 04-11-2020 at 11:47 PM.
    PorterM, veritas and FPNunes like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Activestatic79 View Post
    They are out there. I’ve had mine for 2 weeks. New standard features are optic cut slide, 17 round mags, and P2000 series dovetails for the iron sights. Everything else remains the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So the 2020 VP guns have the same dovetail as the P2000? Sweet maybe there will be new aftermarket sight options for my P2k's.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CGuns1 View Post
    I spoke to a longtime friend at H&K last week. The topic of the US production facility came up and I told him how positive this was for the American market as it greatly enhances the potential for them to offer an expanded product line.
    The pistols that are “U.S. Made” *ONLY* have the injection molded frames produced in the U.S.
    The slides, barrels, and ALL internal parts come from Germany.
    Even the extruded polymer pellets used to produce the injection molded frames *come from Germany*.
    I have compared my U.S. and German HKs, even across model lines. I do not see any difference whatsoever.

Good to know; I don't own any USA-made HKs yet but I'd like to pick up an US HK45 to go with my German HK45 at some point.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

They will need to manufacture domestically for US Fed Govt contracts. So we need to support this.
    anavrin0901 and FPNunes like this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden528 View Post
    So the 2020 VP guns have the same dovetail as the P2000? Sweet maybe there will be new aftermarket sight options for my P2k's.
    I am still confused about this picture up above. BK is not a CA 2020 date code.

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anavrin0901 View Post
    Proof that the CA date code exists as I just brought this home today (serial number scrubbed in photo)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mark 23 1.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	562.0 KB 
ID:	256482
    Is it just me or does that MARK 23 look a little smaller?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
    Is it just me or does that MARK 23 look a little smaller?
    No sir. I can take a photo next to my full-size USP if you want to see the size difference. Look at the case it barely fits inside within the photo. The only thing different about it is past Mark 23's didn't have the hostile slide finish like this one does.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anavrin0901 View Post
    I am still confused about this picture up above. BK is not a CA 2020 date code.
    The VP9-OR is a 2020 model, regardless when it was introduced/proofed in 2019. I wouldn't be surprised the CA units probably have 2019/BK frames (when they were proofed).
    Same process with the P30SK mentioned above, it's an unchanged 201x model manufacted in CA/2020.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links