VP9 Tactical vs VP9 2020 TB

Thread: VP9 Tactical vs VP9 2020 TB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VP9 Tactical vs VP9 2020 TB

I'm still new with HK and increasingly becoming a fanatic (Still love my Glocks). My only HK right now is a 45c Tactical. I'm wanting to expand into a VP9 9mm.

I run RMRs on my Glocks and really like RDS. I also shoot suppressed a lot so a TB is a must on all my stuff.

Having a RDS is nice but not a deal breaker and neither is the extra 2 round capacity in the 2020 - as why I got the 45c and love it as is. In fact, I'm not sure I would want a RDS on it and love the suppressor sights and exactly how it is. I'm doing LEM on it for sure.

My question is, should I get the 2020 and buy aftermarket or HK OEM TB LH making it a Fauxtactical but has RDS availability or get the VP9 tactical and run how is.

Before you roast me- I know it's essentially the same gun but there's something beyond just the engraving of "tactical" on the slide but their real factory product, matching numbers etc are things I like.

I'm surprised they don't have an Optic Ready VP9 Tactical out.

What do you think?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SilentRecon; 04-13-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    I'm still new with HK and increasingly becoming a fanatic (Still love my Glocks). My only HK right now is a 45c Tactical. I'm wanting to expand into a VP9 9mm.

I run RMRs on my Glocks and really like RDS. I also shoot suppressed a lot so a TB is a must on all my stuff.

Having a RDS is nice but not a deal breaker and neither is the extra 2 round capacity in the 2020 - as why I got the 45c and love it as is. In fact, I'm not sure I would want a RDS on it and love the suppressor sights and exactly how it is. I'm doing LEM on it for sure.

My question is, should I get the 2020 and buy aftermarket or HK OEM TB LH making it a Fauxtactical but has RDS availability or get the VP9 tactical and run how is.

Before you roast me- I know it's essentially the same gun but there's something beyond just the engraving of "tactical" on the slide but their real factory product, matching numbers etc are things I like.

I'm surprised they don't have an Optic Ready VP9 Tactical out.

What do you think?

I don't own neither gun mind you but I am in the same shoe as you are

It makes more since to get the 2020 VP9 that's optics ready because the only difference between the VP9 Tactical and the old VP9 is Suppressor Height Sights and the threaded barrel... THATS IT!

You can get the 2020 VP9 and purchase the threaded barrel from HK when its back in stock along with the suppressor height sights of your choosing

I was looking for a new carry gun to retire my XD Mod 2 and was debating whether to get the VP9SK and get it milled for a DeltaPoint Pro or the 2020 model.... I'm going full size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigNorm4Life View Post
    I don't own neither gun mind you but I am in the same shoe as you are

It makes more since to get the 2020 VP9 that's optics ready because the only difference between the VP9 Tactical and the old VP9 is Suppressor Height Sights and the threaded barrel... THATS IT!

You can get the 2020 VP9 and purchase the threaded barrel from HK when its back in stock along with the suppressor height sights of your choosing

I was looking for a new carry gun to retire my XD Mod 2 and was debating whether to get the VP9SK and get it milled for a DeltaPoint Pro or the 2020 model.... I'm going full size
    That's what I was leaning towards. Get the 2020 and an HK barrel. If it has the optics ready I know I'll put on suppressor height sights with RDS.

Sponsored Links