VP Series
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: VP Series

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VP Series

Hello, My name is Jim and I am an HK Convert. . . . .Oh sorry, wrong group. :-)

I had a Beretta 92FS for many years, but they are hard to conceal, but fun to shoot. About a year or so ago, I started looking for something smaller and went to my range and rented the PX Storm, Springfield XDs, S&W Shield. None of them did anything for me. The guy running the range put a Sig Sauer P320 and P365 on the counter and told me to try them. I did and I was sold. I loved the way to the P320 felt. The P365 (pre XL) was just a little too small in my grip. I ended up buying the P320 Compact and carried that for a little while. About a month later, the P365XL came out and I loved how that felt in my hand, so I bought it and now that is my carry weapon.

Fast forward another month. My wife and I go to the range every weekend for our Recoil Therapy Dates. On this particular day, the guy at the range asks me to look at a weapon they just got in. I like the look and feel of it and so did my wife. He told me it was an HK VP9SK and I told him "oh, never mind" because I knew how expensive they are and I couldn't justify spending that much. He showed me the price and it was in the same price range as I paid for my P320 Compact. I liked the grip so much on it that I ordered Hogue Grips for both of my Sigs.

A few weeks went buy and we talked about it almost daily. I read everything I could about it and really wanted to shoot it. Sadly, my range did not have one to rent. So I called I called another range, about 35 miles away to see if they had one to rent. They did, so one Monday morning, I went and shot it. (See photo - this was 25 head and 25 body at 10 yards). I could not believe the accuracy, comfort and feel of the weapon, both in my hand and shooting it. The sites are very good and more visible than both my Sigs (and that is after I put Fiber Optic sites on the P320).

The following Saturday, during out Recoil Therapy date, I bought the HK VP9SK, took it on the range and let my wife shoot it for the first time. She put three magazines worth through it, turned to me with a big smile and said "Mine!" So, I lost my VP9SK. . . .

So, my question to the group is, before I go out and buy another VP9SK, do you think they will ever make a VP40SK? I have heard rumors about it, but my fear it is just vaporware right now.

VP Series-img_2429.jpg

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Jim,

Welcome to the site, congratulations on the acquisition, and nice placement!!!
    If the VP40 is released, it probably will not be for another 2 years--- so do not wait on it--- just get a USP40c.

Tony
    0311S and PorterM like this.

mew
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I love a good story about the wife taking the mans gun because she likes it so much!! win/win as now you get to buy ANOTHER
    what could be a better outcome?? I just broke the news to mine I bought another suppressor and she said "HOW MANY DO YOU NEED DAMMIT"
    I had to teach her about the word "need" when it comes to this subject, I told her it's just like shoes!! isn't it?? of course it is..........
    Congrats on your future purchases moorejh!!
    Admiral likes this.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just buy another VP9/VP9sk. Two is one...
    WolfieRules, PorterM and CGuns1 like this.
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Instructor
    USN 1989-98

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have been together 31 years. I have been in a computer related field for the most of that time, even when I was with the Sheriff's office. There was a time where she said that if I wanted to upgrade the computer, I have to buy her a house. Well, making her happy is #1 priority for me and we are on our third house :-)

We got away from that, because we built this last house and it will be our last, unless we find something in the mountains we can retire to, and per her request - at least 15 acres so we can set up a range in our yard. (again, win win).

She hadn't shot in 30 years or so. Still not 100% what changed, but she wanted to go to a gun show with me last October and in December, she went through her CCW and Pistol course. Neither of us needed the course for the CCW, because a DD14 is all that is needed and we are both vets, but she didnt want to go that route. She would rather be better prepared. Today she is in the Module 1 of the Women's Handgun and Self Defense course put on by USCCA. Next week is Module 2. In May, we are both going through the NRA Range Safety Officer course.

For the last two weeks, she asked if I got my VP9SK yet, so I have the blessing to get it, but I am debating a rifle first or as mentioned above, look at the USP40C.

Yea, she is a keeper. My only issue now is her constantly looking at conceal purses. . . but I guess that's better than houses. :-)
    Last edited by moorejh143; 04-18-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moorejh143 View Post
    Yea, she is a keeper. :-)
    Congrats, and to clarify... when I said two is one, I meant pistols, not wives, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    Congrats, and to clarify... when I said two is one, I meant pistols, not wives, lol.
    LOL. Understood. I dont think I can handle two wives, and I dont want to find out. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is no way you could shoot that precise with an SK.. Even with full size vp9 mine are all over the place.
    Why do you need 40 in particular?

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

VP40sk being made is about as likely as HK making a P30sk 40.
    GOA, NRA, NYSRPA, FPC, 2AWNY/2ANYS

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Welcome to the addiction!

I started with a P2000SK before a VP9, but then added a P2000, 45c, P30L, USPfs (didn't like it - sold it), Mark 23, and have a P7M13 inbound.

They multiply at the same time your wallet gets lighter!

Good luck on your next pick! Coming from a 92FS, you might want to look at one of the hammer-fired options, and if you have a chance, shoot one of the LEM trigger ones. All but the Mark23 & P7M13 above are LEM!
    HK VP9, P2000SK 9mm, P2000 9mm, 45c, USP 45 SS (sold), P30L, Mark 23 & PCS 9
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links