Is the P2000 the ugly duckling of the HK line?
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Is the P2000 the ugly duckling of the HK line?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Is the P2000 the ugly duckling of the HK line?

Please don’t stone me to death. I have been a huge HK fan my entire grown life. First handgun was a USPc 40. When the P2000 came out I just hated it. I couldn’t get over the looks of the grip. I honestly think it is the pattern and the logo on the side that makes it look silly to me.
    I know there are a lot of people that love them but are they HK’s SP2022? I have never shot one so am curious about them. What is their story within the collectors and shooter community of HK people? Not here to bash it really want to know if I’ve been missing out on a great gun because of aesthetics.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eriq35 View Post
    Please don’t stone me to death. I have been a huge HK fan my entire grown life. First handgun was a USPc 40. When the P2000 came out I just hated it. I couldn’t get over the looks of the grip. I honestly think it is the pattern and the logo on the side that makes it look silly to me.
    I know there are a lot of people that love them but are they HK’s SP2022? I have never shot one so am curious about them. What is their story within the collectors and shooter community of HK people? Not here to bash it really want to know if I’ve been missing out on a great gun because of aesthetics.
    I feel like the tactical staplegun (VP70) take the cake but since is so influential not many people would agree. HK P2000 was a stab at modernizing an already proven design (USP compact) and IMO it's a very attractive design!
    CGuns1 and GotWhatINeed like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I happen to love the p2000/p2000sk HK Line! To me they are the absolute best. Value yet durability to the USP line and an upgrade from the VP line. Highly underrated line if you ask me. They are a bit lighter and slimmer so they carry extremely well!! I like the side grip texturing as it is comfortable when carrying and provides a good grip. The triangular shape of the wording of p2000 is a bit “off” Looking but I got use to it very quickly. Plus the p2000sk line is my absolute favorite for any and all edc pistols I’ve ever tried. The normal p2000 just feels like a super built G19 IMHO. Love the p2000 line!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The P2000 is the best carry pistol that HK still produces and I carry mine almost every day... and I think it looks great. So I respectfully disagree, I think it looks much better than a USP compact. Now a full size USP? That's another story...

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have always felt like the P2000 is the ugly duckling in the HK line but personally I love the gun and feel it is highly underrated. Ergonomics are great, size is perfect, correct operating system for my taste, enough capacity to fight with, and I can shoot it well faster than most other pistols. Wont be getting rid of mine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I’m very interested in the consensus. I appreciate the replies. I guess I had always thought of it as HKs attempt to get into a lower price tier market. Now mind you that is based on nothing more than the low price and not liking the looks personally. Also I felt that the name “P2000” was gimmicky. Like trying to get on the new millennium bandwagon which was very much out of character for HK.
    I will give a “say whuhhh” to the thought is more comfortable that the VP line. I think my VP9 is one of the most comfortable guns I’ve ever held along with the HK45. I have turned a few people into concerts who now own then just by holding and shooting my vP9. It just melts into your hand.
    Now as a carry gun though it is large so I’m sure the 2000 is a better (smaller) carry sidearm.
    The USP is just classic. It isn’t the most ergo but are just damn sexy and the repository of many of my paychecks.
    Keep up the experience posts. I’m really interested in how people feel about them. Maybe if I see I was really wrong I’ll add one to the collection. Ugly girls I won’t do but I’ve been known to have a token ugly gun every now and then. Maybe a P2000 with a pretty dress (grip tape or stippling) might be on my list.

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

The P2000 is probably the most underrated of the current product line. Just never got the respect it deserves, despite being both an excellent pistol (really a product improvement of the USP Compact) and the recipient of the largest law enforcement contract in history.
    I'll be doing a video review of the series at some point and trust that will shed appropriate light on it.
    hvrnaut, CGuns1, PorterM and 10 others like this.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I agree @Marine0303 . I've been carrying the P2000 for 6 years. I believe it is the perfect HK carry gun other than the P7. I'm sure you'll cover the reasons in your video.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MasterBlaster; 04-23-2020 at 11:05 PM.
    Marine0303 likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    The P2000 is probably the most underrated of the current product.......and the recipient of the largest law enforcement contract in history......
    Largest in the U.S., but not internationally. Looking forward to the video, Sir!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I could have just one polymer HK pistol it would probably be my LEM P2000 9mm. It’s big enough to be enjoyable to shoot at the range, and yet small enough to conceal carry easily. The grip provides an easy draw, and I would never put tape on it. To my eye it’s a sweet looking little pistol.
    FPNunes likes this.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links