CA date coded USP 45
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: CA date coded USP 45

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just recently purchased a new USP 45 that just came into my LGS and I observed 2 things that maybe someone can chime in.

1. The “HK” logo on the slide is now engraved/roll marked instead of the laser etching. Anyone know when / why this started back up? My recently bought CA dated Mark 23 has the HK logo laser etched.

2. The slide has all the German proof markings , but lacks the “DE” designation for Deutschland. Any info as to why. Every German made HK I own all bear that DE marking

I may be nit picking but these are just some observations. Any input would be great. Thanks!

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtom87 View Post
    I just recently purchased a new USP 45 that just came into my LGS and I observed 2 things that maybe someone can chime in.

1. The “HK” logo on the slide is now engraved/roll marked instead of the laser etching. Anyone know when / why this started back up? My recently bought CA dated Mark 23 has the HK logo laser etched.

2. The slide has all the German proof markings , but lacks the “DE” designation for Deutschland. Any info as to why. Every German made HK I own all bear that DE marking

I may be nit picking but these are just some observations. Any input would be great. Thanks!
    I think the roll-marked logo started to be standardized last year. My BK P2000 had it and my CA P30L still has DE on the slide so I don't know about that one.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

BK was a transition year from laser etched logo to roll marked logo, have seen both on BK date code, my new BK date code full size USP .45 has laser etched logo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CA date coded USP 45-usp.45.jpg   CA date coded USP 45-uspx2.sm.jpg  
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Congratulations on the acquisition!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    BK was a transition year from laser etched logo to roll marked logo, have seen both on BK date code, my new BK date code full size USP .45 has laser etched logo.
    Mine too. Just purchased in March.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CA date coded USP 45-e313690e-69fe-4943-8f19-d709b8bdf4f6_1588352171111.jpeg  
    PorterM and Kost like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just bought a CA date coded USP45 and it fits same description as OP’s. I’m already trying to acquire one of every variant of HK pistol ever made...this could get expensive!
    Kost likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Str8shtr View Post
    Mine too. Just purchased in March.
    Yours has DE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More data to consider:

USP 45 BK = Laser etched w/ DE
    USP 40 CA = Laser etched w/ DE
    USP 45 Elite CA = Roll mark w/ DE

Maybe Heckler & Koch has a number of slides laying around. Perhaps the date code is only applied during construction of the pistol, not during the manufacturing process of the individual part.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 05-02-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does the slide have the Ulm (antler) proof mark? Perhaps Heckler & Koch is assembling USP models in the United States a la the HK45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Does the slide have the Ulm (antler) proof mark? Perhaps Heckler & Koch is assembling USP models in the United States a la the HK45.
    Yup the slide and frame still bear all the German proof marks, I only noticed that “DE” wasn’t present. Ill get pics up of it when I can.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links