HK VP9b Optics Ready Tactical Burnt Bronze

Thread: HK VP9b Optics Ready Tactical Burnt Bronze

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK VP9b Optics Ready Tactical Burnt Bronze

I got an itch for a VP9 after trying one out. What I'd like is a B model that's Optics Ready in Burnt Bronze with a threaded barrel.

Does such a firearm exist yet? Or would I have to piece it together?

Thanks!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

you would have to make it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 45matai View Post
    I got an itch for a VP9 after trying one out. What I'd like is a B model that's Optics Ready in Burnt Bronze with a threaded barrel.

Does such a firearm exist yet? Or would I have to piece it together?

Thanks!
    Hadn't considered the color, but was wanting the same gun you described. In another thread, it was commented for me to really try the paddle release in lieu of the B variation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh is there a VP9 Tactical Optics Ready? I didn't see it on the website, maybe I'm blind.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by topleft View Post
    Hadn't considered the color, but was wanting the same gun you described. In another thread, it was commented for me to really try the paddle release in lieu of the B variation.
    If you are sold on, and/or have extensive experience with push button mag releases, you may not want to try and convert to the paddle release. I say "may not want to" convert. When I switched to the paddle release (HK45 circa 2006'ish) I had many, many, many years shooting push button mag release guns. I made the distinct and conscious choice to switch to paddle release. Now, many years later, I would never go back to push button release on my own. If my agency decided I could no longer run personally owned guns, and forced me back to the agency issued gun (G21), I would of course conform but I wouldn't be happy. I have medium (at best) to small hands, and I have always had to alter my firing grip to reach the mag release on push button guns. Now, with paddle release (HK45, P30, VP9, USP, P7M8, etc.) releasing the magazine is a function of my trigger finger, and requires no grip shift. Trigger finger comes off the trigger and outside the trigger guard, then depresses the paddle, finger then goes back up along the frame/slide while I perform the mag change, then gun rails back out to firing position and finger returns to trigger when I am ready to shoot.

This of course required training and lots of practice. Once I trained myself to properly and safely use the paddle release, I found my reloads where a little faster, but most importantly I was not having to constantly adjust my firing grip, I was able to maintain the same/consistent grip through all manipulations of the handgun...

So, I would suggest, if you are interested, try out a paddle release version. If it is not for you, then go with the push button version. But, I think you will be surprised if you give the paddle version a realistic trial.

just a thought, I hope you find whichever version you decide on, the VP9 is a great handgun.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just bought one a few weeks ago, so yes the optics ready version is out.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

My VP9 2020 OR is on its way LGS just called me to let me know. Should arrive early next week. I’m a traditionalist so only paddle for me! Just ordered a holster for it too. Hope I like it like I do it’s little brother the Vp9sk. I know we are not really supposed to ask but... what did you guys pay for yours? I haven’t even talked $ with my LGS.
    Last edited by Jslow; 06-04-2020 at 10:27 PM.

Sponsored Links