Deciding which HK to put a RMR on - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Deciding which HK to put a RMR on

  1. #11
    Tug
    Tug is online now
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Dec 2012
    Location : TN
    Posts : 483
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    I call it the HK cul de sac. Or for the crew I run with who don't speak French, the HK dead end accessory road.

    If you don't mind a zero retention holster, then you have some options. If you want an RMR because they are better than irons only for many reasons, then you still have some holster options. If you want an RMR, and a mounted light, then you are running out of options. If you want an RMR that is covered, a weapon light, and retention, then you going to have to have few options. If you want to take this gun to the state of the art and run a comp, as well as a covered RMR, a mounted light, tall irons, and have retention, then you are in custom holster land and you need to find that holster maker, get it spec-ed out and ordered because there will be a wait.

  2. #12
    Member
    IANative's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2007
    Posts : 70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psifer View Post
    I personally would rather get a VP9 cut than purchase an optics ready version from HK. The VP9 OR has the optic sit atrociously high compared to getting it milled. It's worth the extra cost especially if you want to have co-witness iron sights.

    VP9 OR vs VP9 w/Primary machine optics cut
    Attachment 260850 vs. Attachment 260852
    This^^^. Companies like Suarez and L&M have been milling slides for 10 years. The "risk" is almost negligible, while the reward is significant.
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Instructor
    USN 1989-98

  3. #13
    Priest of the P7
    bastardsonofelvis's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2012
    Location : Colorado
    Posts : 4,695
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psifer View Post
    I personally would rather get a VP9 cut than purchase an optics ready version from HK. The VP9 OR has the optic sit atrociously high compared to getting it milled. It's worth the extra cost especially if you want to have co-witness iron sights.

    VP9 OR vs VP9 w/Primary machine optics cut
    Attachment 260850 vs. Attachment 260852
    It will be interesting to see what I think about the HK slide vs. the slides I had milled by APO. For a comp pistol with a huge window I doubt I'll notice the 1 or 2mm or so difference, and I don't plan to worry about using irons. HK does claim that suppressor height sights will "cowitness" with the optic on their cut slide, but I bet it's more of a lower third kind of cowitness. The added height could I guess make a difference for carry, though -- make it a little more snaggy.

    That additional height can be attributed mostly to the interface plate -- an unfortunate byproduct of compatibility.

    An aside about RMR pistol shooting: when using a suppressor, I tend to eventually (after a few mags) get carbon build up on the lens from the ejection port which can be a pita to deal with. This seems to happen faster shooting 45acp.
    Cmikul likes this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Defaultmp3's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2008
    Location : AZ
    Posts : 551
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    I will argue that you should put the RMR on the gun you plan to carry. I will say that to higher performance shooter, the grip differences between the P2000 and P30 can definitely make a difference, @GJM has described his experiences before, where he found the P2000's more brick-like grip to provide better grip than the more sculpted grip of the P30.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tug View Post
    If you want to take this gun to the state of the art and run a comp, as well as a covered RMR, a mounted light, tall irons, and have retention, then you are in custom holster land and you need to find that holster maker, get it spec-ed out and ordered because there will be a wait.
    Or just go with the SureFire Masterfire system, if you're more needing it for environmental issues rather than preventing a gun grab (I'm not sure I would totally trust the Masterfire for LE patrol purposes, since it would be pretty easy to hit the release button, it's comparable to a Level 1 ALS, IMO). Modding a 6004 is also an option, though the SLS is obviously not quite as great a system as something like ALS.

  6. #15
    Tug
    Tug is online now
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Dec 2012
    Location : TN
    Posts : 483
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I will argue that you should put the RMR on the gun you plan to carry. I will say that to higher performance shooter, the grip differences between the P2000 and P30 can definitely make a difference, @GJM has described his experiences before, where he found the P2000's more brick-like grip to provide better grip than the more sculpted grip of the P30.

    Or just go with the SureFire Masterfire system, if you're more needing it for environmental issues rather than preventing a gun grab (I'm not sure I would totally trust the Masterfire for LE patrol purposes, since it would be pretty easy to hit the release button, it's comparable to a Level 1 ALS, IMO). Modding a 6004 is also an option, though the SLS is obviously not quite as great a system as something like ALS.
    Not sure which way you meant so I am not arguing with your point since I don't know your opinion. Maybe we are on the same side. But quality red dots are the future. Comps are the logical next step. For duty and self defense. And I will say this to that.......at least for me, relative to a RMR, shooting with iron sights is more interesting, more difficult, and more rewarding. But these attributes are not what you want or need in a gun fight.

  7. #16
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Defaultmp3's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2008
    Location : AZ
    Posts : 551
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tug View Post
    Not sure which way you meant so I am not arguing with your point since I don't know your opinion. Maybe we are on the same side. But quality red dots are the future. Comps are the logical next step. For duty and self defense. And I will say this to that.......at least for me, relative to a RMR, shooting with iron sights is more interesting, more difficult, and more rewarding. But these attributes are not what you want or need in a gun fight.
    I mean that OP should put the RMR on his P2000 if he's gonna continue to carry the P2000; I don't really see much point on putting it on his VP9 or P30 if he's not carrying them. On the other hand, if he's going to put the RMR on his VP9 or P30 and switch to carrying one of them, he should first confirm that he shoots those guns better than his P2000.

    I have had RMRs on my P30LSes for years, and recently switched to ACROs, I am a huge believer of RDSes on handguns.

  8. #17
    Priest of the P7
    bastardsonofelvis's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2012
    Location : Colorado
    Posts : 4,695
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

    Default

    I wish the ACRO’s battery life wasn’t so stupid. Nice optic, I put them on a pair of USCs turned UMP. Very compact and robust, but tiny little battery that dies too frequently for a gun that isn’t for fun and needs to have the dot on at all times.

  9. #18
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : May 2005
    Location : AZ
    Posts : 635
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Yes I am used to the Glock 17 with co-witness sights that will be major in my decision.
    Scouts Out

  10. #19
    Junior Member
    THAT guy's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2019
    Posts : 44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGuns1 View Post
    Don’t risk modifying a gun for a RMR.
    Buy the VP9 with RMR mounting trench from factory.
    Unfortunately, those of us with HKs that don't come milled for optic mounts have no choice but to go aftermarket. My HK45C will be getting a Holosun 507 or 508 green dot when the funding is there.
    Last edited by THAT guy; 05-24-2020 at 01:06 PM.

  11. #20
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Jul 2012
    Location : South Florida, Neuchâtel, Riyadh
    Posts : 494
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THAT guy View Post
    Unfortunately, those of us with HKs that don't come milled for optic mounts have no choice but to go aftermarket. My HK45C will be getting a Holosun 507 or 508 green dot when the funding is there.
    Make sure you do your research and choose the shop to do this work wisely.
    Guyanaman1963 likes this.
    Support “The Collected Wisdom of Jim Schatz “G3Kurz”
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •