USP owners...speak up! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: USP owners...speak up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
    My EDC is a USP Compact 9 mm. I trust the gun totally.

Yep... this!
    tygr1 likes this.
    HK45 tac
    USP45 tac
    USP9 tac
    USP9c
    USP40c
    USP45c
    VP9le x 2
    VP9 Long Slide
    P30LS 9 v3
    P30L .40 v3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tygr1 View Post
    I don't mind the SA trigger feel at all, but, what are these 'mods' you speak of, heh-heh?
    The trigger is not bad, I moded mine to a V3 and match grade trigger, I de-cock it when one is in the chamber so it's not to light for carry. In SA it cut my group size in half.
    HK USPc 357 Sig (match trigger)
    HK VP357 Sig (40 with RCM 357 barrel) (match trigger)
    HK USPc 40 with German 357 barrel installed (match trigger)
    Walther P99 AS (Many 9mm and 40)
    Class 3 Colt M4
    Class 3 Colt Commando
    Class 3 HK MP 5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    The trigger is not bad, I moded mine to a V3 and match grade trigger, I de-cock it when one is in the chamber so it's not to light for carry. In SA it cut my group size in half.
    You mean as in an H&K made match trigger...ouch? Lol. Thanks...will have to look into one.
    -Richard

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tygr1 View Post
    You mean as in an H&K made match trigger...ouch? Lol. Thanks...will have to look into one.
    Yes, it's the HK kit. Different hammer return spring though. So people don't need it. I'm not very recoil sensitive but very trigger sensitive I think due to my long thing boney fingers.
    Last edited by Rockets; 06-01-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

USPc in .40 & .45. The first time I held one in my hand, it just felt like it belonged there. Then when you fire one for the fist time you notice that every squeeze on the trigger is virtually identical to the one before it. Some people complain that the .40 is “too snappy” or “too jumpy.” In a USP, it’s so consistent that it’s very manageable. Sometimes, I think my .40 has made me a better shot, beyond spending time at the range.
    tygr1 likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I love my USP9 Tactical. This gun is my home invasion/apocalypse sidearm. Although the thing handles like it wants to be on the offensive and not the defensive. I love how gloriously massive this handgun is. I have long fingers so I find the stout grip to be super comfortable and put my trigger finger where it needs to be. Long site radius is great. I like the position of the controls. The slide lock is nice and big and easy to use but not in the way where I accidentally hit it. The safety lever has a nice satisfying click and is right where it should be to turn off as you pick up the gun or draw. Only minor thing with the controls is I'd like the mag release to come out a bit farther since the grip is big. I do have to shift my grip a bit for the release. The quality of everything is excellent. Its kind of stupid how accurate the gun is. I can shoot noticeably tighter groups with the USP than my other handguns. Maybe the O-ring on the barrel really does work to contribute to accuracy? I like the match trigger on the Tactical and highly recommend it.

Shooting this gun suppressed, you really start to understand this is what its designed for. Such a fun experience. Reliability has been 100% with my suppressor. The recoil isn't bad on the gun but admittedly with the low beavertail, the gun flips more than a striker design like a glock or m&p so I'd say that's the only real weakness of it I've been able to find. Granted I'm sure an ironclad grip would make this a moot point. Its a little harder for me to shoot super fast with it. However I've found I can shoot it very fast with my suppressor on because the extra weight on the end kills the recoil and drops it on site quickly.

If you grew up playing too much Rainbow Six and want to enjoy that 90's tactical operator vibe, its hard to beat the USP Tactical with a suppressor hanging off the end. Get one! I highly recommend spending the extra cash for the Tactical over the standard to get the Match Trigger, Suppressor height night sites, thread barrel, and that sweet "Tactical" marking on the slide.

I should add I thought the left hand threading on the barrel was a weird European design decision since most barrels here in the US are 1/2 x 28 for a 9mm barrel. But I've since found out the reason is genius. It helps the suppressor stay tight on the gun and not come off because it goes against the twisting motion of the bullet. Some people have complained of their suppressors coming loose with the standard 1/2 x 28 threads. +1 for H&K and the USP.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

If you like to punch paper and you also like the UPS then please look at the Expert or Elite models. I like them for the match trigger, adjustable sights and barrel fitted to slide. I also prefer the jet funnel and jet funnel mags for 9mm. The recoil reduction system works well and HK quality and durability is well documented for the USP line. You have to like the grip/frame as there are no grip panels too change like the later models.
    tygr1 and GuntherRommel like this.
    HK - No Compromise

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

After a long, long time carrying a full size Beretta 92 as my EDC, I made the switch last year to a 9mm full size USP. I still prefer the feel of the Beretta, and for that matter the P30 over the USP. The USP is a tank, but I never had issues or fears in that regards with the 92, so I consider that a wash.

It came down to either a P30 or USP for me, due to two considerations. In order of importance, to me it goes like this:

First was weight. For the weight savings of the poly frame I can carry another loaded mag for not much more weight. 45 rounds beats 30, and mags fail even in the best gun. I like having a few around. The trade off is that the 92 is less jumpy than the USP; but I'd rather have the extra ammo rather than the slightly better split times I get with the 92.

The second consideration was the LEM trigger. I still haven't moved to LEM for EDC (one step at a time). My P30 is LEM, and I have LEM kits for my USPs when the time is right. Probably would have moved to LEM by now if it hadn't been for the COVID19 lock down and me not getting in the trigger time I want to.
    tygr1 likes this.
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

USP45C is the quintessential HK in my mind from the design and the general (to me) overall ergonomics.
    tygr1 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally I was searching for an Expert in 9mm for general range use but found a good deal on a USP Tactical. Has a great trigger, feels very solid and is a joy to shoot.
    tygr1 likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links