Break-in period for SP5 prior to SBR - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Break-in period for SP5 prior to SBR

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    E-file will take longer. Plenty of A3 stocks out there...

Starting at $500+
    Yeah its pretty nuts how expensive a3 stocks are. I can't believe Hk didn't think ahead and start making the old style a3 stocks again. I mean seriously 90% of the Americans buying the SP5 are buying it for fun/nostalgic reasons and for that everyone wants the old a3 stock even if the F stock is superior in performance and comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Psifer View Post
    eFile Forms 1 get approved much quicker than mailing them in. It took my 24 days to get both my 416 and SP5 SBRs approved.
    Wow that's great news. I just submitted my efile Form 1 today. Will be getting fingerprinted tomorrow

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timewaster1700 View Post
    Wow that's great news. I just submitted my efile Form 1 today. Will be getting fingerprinted tomorrow
    The wait times seem to take no more than a month with eFile Form 1s. I even totally forgot to send my fingerprints in and managed to get them in on the 10th day before and still had a 24 day approval.
    timewaster1700 likes this.
    Hk 416 | Hk MP5SD(Build in Progress) | Hk SP5 | Hk VP9

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks everyone!
    Good point on the quality of Hk versus others. Never had an issue with my USP Tactical. Has run 100% from day 1.

I think I’ll submit my paperwork tonight then! I’m pretty stoked for this gun! I’ve been a long time mp5 fan (too much rainbow six as a youth 😄 ).
    I wonder which will take longer the sbr paperwork or finding an a3 stock? 😛

Starting at $500+
    eFile Forms 1 get approved much quicker than mailing them in. It took my 24 days to get both my 416 and SP5 SBRs approved.
    Oh I agree. E files are less than a month, but one could buy an A3 stock TODAY.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there a preference where to get the engravement done? I've read some posts, watched some online how-to's, but haven't seen (or just missed) where the engraving comes in. And did I see somewhere that you get your address engraved?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Oh I agree. E files are less than a month, but one could buy an A3 stock TODAY.
    That's my bad, I did not read the full quote that you had in your post. I agree with your comment, A3s aren't all that hard to find especially if you do not have a price limit. I'm a bit picky with the condition of the them so I spent a little bit of time making sure I found a good one. The only part I don't care about showing excessive wear is the sling loop.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks everyone!
    Good point on the quality of Hk versus others. Never had an issue with my USP Tactical. Has run 100% from day 1.

I think I’ll submit my paperwork tonight then! I’m pretty stoked for this gun! I’ve been a long time mp5 fan (too much rainbow six as a youth �� ).
    I wonder which will take longer the sbr paperwork or finding an a3 stock? ��

Starting at $500+
    That's my bad, I did not read the full quote that you had in your post. I agree with your comment, A3s aren't all that hard to find especially if you do not have a price limit. I'm a bit picky with the condition of the them so I spent a little bit of time making sure I found a good one. The only part I don't care about showing excessive wear is the sling loop.
    No worries, but yep, that's the deal. I was waiting for a Zenith Z5P and foregoing full size accessories when the stocks were $200ish, even a couple times thinking, 'Maybe I should just buy one anyway.' Of course I didn't take my own advice, lol. Then the SP5 came out and A3's seemed to double almost overnight, and just keep going up.

Hoping for a tulip bulb like drop. Might be waiting some time...

There could probably be a thread dedicated to obscene A3 prices. Here's a candidate: $1195 starting bid, BIN for $1349: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869611211
    Last edited by esh21167; 05-28-2020 at 06:38 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

No worries, but yep, that's the deal. I was waiting for a Zenith Z5P and foregoing full size accessories when the stocks were $200ish, even a couple times thinking, 'Maybe I should just buy one anyway.' Of course I didn't take my own advice, lol. Then the SP5 came out and A3's seemed to double almost overnight, and just keep going up.

Hoping for a tulip bulb like drop. Might be waiting some time...

There could probably be a thread dedicated to obscene A3 prices. Here's a candidate: $1195 starting bid, BIN for $1349: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869611211
    I have quickly learned its better to be sooner than later when it comes to HKs and accessories. I sometimes wish that I was old enough to where I could get into the game sooner. Oh well, no sense crying over spilled milk. I'm more than fortunate to be happy with the collection I have been able to develop thus far. My family thinks I'm nuts for how interested I am in firearms. I just wish I had a grandpa that was into them where I could have inherited some collectibles and gone shooting as a child. Maybe someday I'll be that grandpa instead.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have quickly learned its better to be sooner than later when it comes to HKs and accessories. I sometimes wish that I was old enough to where I could get into the game sooner. Oh well, no sense crying over spilled milk. I'm more than fortunate to be happy with the collection I have been able to develop thus far. My family thinks I'm nuts for how interested I am in firearms. I just wish I had a grandpa that was into them where I could have inherited some collectibles and gone shooting as a child. Maybe someday I'll be that grandpa instead.
    I sympathize I'm the gun nut in my family. My uncle who lives out of state is also a gun nut and my Dad will shoot guns with me once in awhile. But no one else is as nutty as I am and know a lot of makes and models and cartridges, etc. Its like speaking a foreign language to people.

So real sad story I bought an a3 stock like 3 years ago for like $300 or so and was going to sbr an Zenith but the MKE for whatever reason didn't scratch the mp5 itch for me. I guess I really just wanted that Hk. Instead of holding onto the stock I sold it and now I wish I had it :/

If Hk had any sense they'd start producing the old A3 models in droves. They would sell truckloads of these stocks and make an absolute fortune. Even at a $500 tag for a new one they would sell tons. The B&T collapsible stock for the APC9 and GHM9 are $500 too.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I sympathize I'm the gun nut in my family. My uncle who lives out of state is also a gun nut and my Dad will shoot guns with me once in awhile. But no one else is as nutty as I am and know a lot of makes and models and cartridges, etc. Its like speaking a foreign language to people.

So real sad story I bought an a3 stock like 3 years ago for like $300 or so and was going to sbr an Zenith but the MKE for whatever reason didn't scratch the mp5 itch for me. I guess I really just wanted that Hk. Instead of holding onto the stock I sold it and now I wish I had it :/

If Hk had any sense they'd start producing the old A3 models in droves. They would sell truckloads of these stocks and make an absolute fortune. Even at a $500 tag for a new one they would sell tons. The B&T collapsible stock for the APC9 and GHM9 are $500 too.
    That sure would be nice if we could get new A3s from HK for $500. Gordon sure didn't seem to have a problem moving NIB condition A3s for even more than that. I honestly don't mind shooting with an A3 but that's also because I have yet to try an A2. I'm a bit hesitant to pick one up and then end up liking it a lot more than my A3. You just can't be the looks of the A3.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That sure would be nice if we could get new A3s from HK for $500. Gordon sure didn't seem to have a problem moving NIB condition A3s for even more than that. I honestly don't mind shooting with an A3 but that's also because I have yet to try an A2. I'm a bit hesitant to pick one up and then end up liking it a lot more than my A3. You just can't be the looks of the A3.
    I agree the A3 on the mp5 is just so dang sexy. Even if its not as comfortable that collapsible feature is too cool. I went ahead and email Hk CS trying to make a case for why these should consider bringing back the classic A3. I mentioned that although the F stock is superior in durability, most americans buying these are not using them for duty use but for fun at the range and the old A3 is more than durable enough for that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links