New HK45 owner
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New HK45 owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New HK45 owner

Hey everyone, I’m a recent owner of the HK45. Traded a VP40 for it. I also mounted an O-light Valkyrie mini 2 to the rail. It’s everything I’ve wanted in a handgun, but I can’t seem to find a holster for it. I thought the Safariland 6280 for the glock21 with a light would fit, but it doesn’t. Anyone have any insight?
    tygr1 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There should be a number of options out there but those options may not be inexpensive.
    Other than the Safariland 6280 you don't give a lot of information about what exactly it is you are looking for. Material? Concealment or Duty or competition? Inside the waist or Belt Holster? Strongside or cross draw? Right or Left handed? Any retention requirements?

I don't have a HK45 so I can't help with specific models. I do have holsters for other handguns from a number of different manufacturers.

I am not a big fan of Safariland. They used to have a good rep as a duty rig/holster manufacturer but their customer service the past 10 years or more has not been good and about that same time period they moved Bianchi production to Mexico and the quality has gone down on some of those as a result which is a shame.

Galco has been a go to for some semi models for two or three decades.

DeSantis has become a reasonable alternative for a lot of firearms. They make a few HK45 holsters. It looks like the common 3 slot thumb snap belt holster has been discontinued. They have it on clearance on their website but if you don't like it you can't return it. They have a couple three IWB models.

El Paso Saddlery has turned out some nice stuff for me. I had to call them as they didn't list the gun I was needing a holster for but on the phone they said 'No Problem!' and I ended up with just what I asked for.

There are a lot of others Don Hume, Kramer, Raven, Blade Tech, John Bianchi is back in the game as Frontier Gun Leather but he doesn't list the HK45 among his gun list. There are quite a few more out there. I've left off the ones I know are no longer in business and I didn't check for the HK45 at most of the ones I listed. I also didn't list a few I really didn't like. Ebay and Amazon are lousy with holster offerings. You might find what you want or someone who might be willing to make what you want there as well.

You have to understand that a lot of resellers are not going to stock holsters unless they are popular. It is a huge overhead and a lot of the time they get stuck with product they can't move. You may have to go direct to the manufacturer and see if they have it listed or even contact them and see if they can make it. Sometimes even on popular models it can take quite a while to get something. Some resellers don't have live inventory and it can take months for what you order to show up so it is often a good thing to call them and see if they have it in stock when you order. Even then Bob may be selling it on another line while you are talking to Mary.

Another option if you are looking for Kydex is you could get some Kydex (or another thermal plastic) and some foam and do it yourself. Some of the material sellers may even sell preforms that just have to be cut out and riveted together but the ones I've seen have only been available for a handfull of firearm types.

Maybe some of the guys who have the same gun can chime in with what works for them.
    Last edited by StarWolf; 05-29-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DeSantis makes a bunch of holsters for the HK45

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the newest acquisition!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah, I'm kinda' new here too...congratulations! I've caught myself looking at the HK45 many times since I got my USPc45.
    -Richard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm considering picking up an HK45 or HK45C... But then I think about USP's. So I'm stuck picking which one I'd like more.
    tygr1 and PorterM like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark23TN View Post
    I'm considering picking up an HK45 or HK45C... But then I think about USP's. So I'm stuck picking which one I'd like more.
    If your going compact I’d go HK45C, Full-size I’d go USP personally. 45C is more refined for concealing and the USP FS holds more ammo than the 45 and just seems more awesomely tank like lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I kinda agree. Not that I wouldn’t own an HK45 as I catch myself looking at them from time to time but the 45c really is the sweet spot, IMO. Basically 9/10ths the capability of the HK45 in a much more versatile package.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Another vote here for the HK45C. As it’s been said, it’s a sweet spot for size, capacity, and carry ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love my 45C.I have a Blade Tech belt holster thats been performing well for years.Safariland still offers a few models.The only change I am about to make is putting the light LEM kit on it instead of safety/decocker.Since I bought a P30SK and P30L with the LEM I fell in love with that trigger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links