My pair of SP5’s
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: My pair of SP5’s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default My pair of SP5’s

Finally got an sp5 in to go with my sp5k I got a couple years ago. Love it.

I went with a gear head works choate folding brace with the mod 1 tailhook. Installed a diopter drum from HK parts.

On my SP5k, I went with the safety harbor firearms collapsible kes brace, with gear head works mod1c compact tailhook.

Also installed a diopter drum, shorter “k” handguard, and the HK parts drop in paddle magazine release.

So happy HK came out with these. Will be buying a Rugged obsidian suppressor this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nitrox1 View Post

I went with a gear head works choate folding brace with the mod 1 tailhook. Installed a diopter drum from HK parts.

On my SP5k, I went with the safety harbor firearms collapsible kes brace, with gear head works mod1c compact tailhook.

Also installed a diopter drum, shorter “k” handguard, and the HK parts drop in paddle magazine release.

So happy HK came out with these. Will be buying a Rugged obsidian suppressor this summer.
    Excellent duo!!!

Tony

PJT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

VERY NICE! I have that exact setup for my SP5K! When I first bought it, I Went nuts and Gucci-ed it out with all the add ons- m-lock rails, light, red dot, qd mounts, brace, etc. However more and more I have been leaning back towards the classic look, and so just this last weekend switched everything out to exactly the same setup you have pictured here, even down to the also newly installed diopter drum and KES/Tailhook mod1C setup. TWINS. Awesome setup!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    VERY NICE! I have that exact setup for my SP5K! When I first bought it, I Went nuts and Gucci-ed it out with all the add ons- m-lock rails, light, red dot, qd mounts, brace, etc. However more and more I have been leaning back towards the classic look, and so just this last weekend switched everything out to exactly the same setup you have pictured here, even down to the also newly installed diopter drum and KES/Tailhook mod1C setup. TWINS. Awesome setup!
    That’s great PJT. The mod1compact tailhook is perfect for the kes, doesn’t get in the way when firing one handed with the brace collapsed. The regular mod 1, which is awesome also, is a little too big and kinda gets in the way i thought when firing it with it collapsed and the hook not deployed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hello. First, congrats on the acquisition! Second, I'm hoping you can help me out with a question. I have an SP5K and an SP5 is on order. I'm trying to decide between the two braces you have for my SP5 (planning ahead here). I already have a different brace for my SP5K. So, the question is: how does the stability of the tailhook brace compare to the collapsible one? I was leaning towards the collapsible one basically because it looks cool, but my club has competitions and the like so functionality is pretty important. It the collapsible has wobble in it when extended, compared to the tailhook, I might change my mind. Thank you in advance for your thoughts on this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

scpk, neither have hardly any wobble. There is a tiny bit of course but that’s because they both can move and there needs to be tolerances.

The folding brace is made by Choate for gearhead works. They are the oem for the factory HK folding stock on the pdw.

The telescopic brace is made by safety harbor firearms. I have yet to see anything they make that is not of the highest quality.

The length of pull when opened is 13.25” on the folder, and 13” on the telescopic on the K gun. Front of trigger to rear of tailhook.

For the tailhooks themselves, The folder wears a mod1 and the telescopic wears a mod1c. Both are most appropriate for their respective braces imo.

Check with your clubs rules. Some clubs don’t allow braced pistols to be run as PCC’s. They have to be actual rifles or sbr’s to compete.

For the full size I like the folder better. It is solid and balances well on the gun. For the K i really like the compactness of the telescopic because the K is all about being as small as possible, and when collapsed doesn’t add to the thickness of the gun. Honestly I’d be just as happy if my folder on my sp5 was fixed.

I hope this helps a little. If you need any more specific info please don’t hesitate to ask.

SCPK likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

excellent setup on both nitroxdiver...congrats!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

scpk, neither have hardly any wobble. There is a tiny bit of course but that’s because they both can move and there needs to be tolerances.

The folding brace is made by Choate for gearhead works. They are the oem for the factory HK folding stock on the pdw.

The telescopic brace is made by safety harbor firearms. I have yet to see anything they make that is not of the highest quality.

The length of pull when opened is 13.25” on the folder, and 13” on the telescopic on the K gun. Front of trigger to rear of tailhook.

For the tailhooks themselves, The folder wears a mod1 and the telescopic wears a mod1c. Both are most appropriate for their respective braces imo.

Check with your clubs rules. Some clubs don’t allow braced pistols to be run as PCC’s. They have to be actual rifles or sbr’s to compete.

For the full size I like the folder better. It is solid and balances well on the gun. For the K i really like the compactness of the telescopic because the K is all about being as small as possible, and when collapsed doesn’t add to the thickness of the gun. Honestly I’d be just as happy if my folder on my sp5 was fixed.

I hope this helps a little. If you need any more specific info please don’t hesitate to ask.

fantastic info - thanks! (BTW, my club is pretty easy going but thanks for suggesting :)

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Very nice! Congrats!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Very nice set up!
    HK - No Compromise

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links