New USPc, new light that fits, and quandaries . . .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New USPc, new light that fits, and quandaries . . .

PJT

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default New USPc, new light that fits, and quandaries . . .

So just picked up my new USP9C, Variant 1! The criminal background check system here is overwhelmed, so many people are buying guns, and what normally takes less than 15 minutes took 3 days . . .

I was also very pleased to find out that the new Streamlight TRL-7A, (the new version with the paddles), FITS GREAT! All you need to do is remove the rail “key”, is the perfect length, and puts the buttons in the perfect spot. I would also say that I think the look/style or it really matches the USP. And no need for an adapter . . .

Now to my quandaries . . .

First thing I am trying to figure out, is whether or not I want to leave it V1, switch to LEM, or add the USP match trigger kit (without the trigger). I currently have a P30 with light LEM, so I know LEM. I actually really like the V1 DA/SA, except the DA pull is heavy, and I have some hand issues that would make me want to lighten it if I could. In all honesty, if I could get the first pull like the LEM on my P30, and then second pull the light SA, that would be perfect to me. However I am guessing such a setup doesn’t exist? Or would adding the match components to lighten the DA pull get me close?

My other quandary, and I realize I am asking this on a HK forum which might be a WEE bit biased towards HK ;-), is whether or not I should switch out my current bedside gun for the new USP/Streamlight combo? Current bedside gun is a Sig P320 X-Compact with Holosun 507C, and Olight PL-MINI. What was surprising to me is that they are almost exactly the same size, I was expecting the USP to be the bigger of the two.

I know, I know, such tough decisions in life . . . ;-)

New USPc, new light that fits, and quandaries . . .-edff8c24-c04a-4c40-9c3a-aaa2fe5e10fb.jpeg
    New USPc, new light that fits, and quandaries . . .-03a86017-dd05-4d94-97d8-c07acedbd690.jpeg
    New USPc, new light that fits, and quandaries . . .-f176bae1-c7ae-4813-8f67-505733f9b23e.jpeg
    New USPc, new light that fits, and quandaries . . .-9d0d42bf-8794-4eaa-992c-98bebc94b86b.jpeg
    New USPc, new light that fits, and quandaries . . .-0f22e055-60df-477e-b507-8ece792c3b8a.jpeg
    New USPc, new light that fits, and quandaries . . .-aea0004e-68b2-4a89-89b8-301fb673a925.jpeg
    New USPc, new light that fits, and quandaries . . .-324fe999-8d2b-4120-8035-a5cb123494c6.jpeg
    Last edited by PJT; 06-14-2020 at 07:22 PM.
    glock19er and andru like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

My USP9c/V1 is CCW OoB/Stock. First thing... have you fired/trained in DA/SA/Safety/Decock?
    I think the LEM/V1 is lighter but the match kit will get you closer vs. stock/DA.

2nd quandary... it appears the P320 doesn’t have co-witness, I’d then prefer the HK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My bedside gun is a 320 Compact with an XCompact grip, Gray Guns competition trigger, Romeo 1, Olight mini Valkyrie. The trigger is too light for EDC, but fine for home defense. I have a V1 USPC9 with a Gray Guns carry action job and Wolff 10 lb hammer spring. The DA pull is better than stock but the match springs and sear would probably smooth it out more. I had the match set up in a P2000SK and my recollection is that it was slicker than my current set up, but the SA is as good as anything I've shot. I have no desire to change it from V1. I also just had it milled for an RMR so it's now 21st century. The USPC, 320 Compact, 229, and my MR918/MR920 are all almost exactly the same size, although the 229s are several ounces heavier.
    PJT likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)

Congratulations on the newest acquisition!!!

Tony

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

First of all you are correct the lite fits and looks very good. Which weapon do you shoot better? That should determine which one you sleep with. Remember we fight like we train so go to the range and you make that decision. PS I vote for the H&K.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PJT have you fired the uspc with that light attached? Does it stay on or move? I'm just asking because it looks like a great setup.

PJT

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baja3500 View Post
    PJT have you fired the uspc with that light attached? Does it stay on or move? I'm just asking because it looks like a great setup.
    It is rock solid. Tried to show from the different Camera angles, but if you look closely you can see that the lights rail clamp part is right up against the front end of the guns rail- so even if you had the clamp/screw loose, it could not slide forward. On the other end, the button part is right up against the trigger guard, so again even if it were to get loose, it could not slide backwards. Honestly if you had told me that they had built this light for the USPc I would have believed you, it is a perfect fit. Puts the button lever right where you want it for the thumbs forward grip, using the “high” button back end. In case anyone is not aware, this new TLR-7A version comes with two rear button sections, you can choose to install either. One that puts the buttons high, and one low. The new Streamlight TLR-7A is highly recommended for the USPC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like a very good fit, please keep us posted on how it performs without the "key" installed.

PS - Thanks for utilizing the proper HK loaded magazine display procedure for photos! lol
    PJT likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    It is rock solid. Tried to show from the different Camera angles, but if you look closely you can see that the lights rail clamp part is right up against the front end of the guns rail- so even if you had the clamp/screw loose, it could not slide forward. On the other end, the button part is right up against the trigger guard, so again even if it were to get loose, it could not slide backwards. Honestly if you had told me that they had built this light for the USPc I would have believed you, it is a perfect fit. Puts the button lever right where you want it for the thumbs forward grip, using the “high” button back end. In case anyone is not aware, this new TLR-7A version comes with two rear button sections, you can choose to install either. One that puts the buttons high, and one low. The new Streamlight TLR-7A is highly recommended for the USPC!
    looks like I'll have to pick one up. now ill have to try and find a holster

PJT

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baja3500 View Post
    looks like I'll have to pick one up. now ill have to try and find a holster
    Lol ironically that is exactly what I am doing right now with my Sunday AM coffee! So far no luck unless you go a completely custom option. LMK if you find anything- looks like Huckleberry Tactical might be able to do it, but according to their website they are shut down right now. I had them make me one for the P320Xcarry with light, and it turned out good . . .

Edited to add- I should mention it does take a little fiddling to get the light to line up well, it is not as easy as some railed lights. But once you get it adjusted it works well enough for me that I would rather have this light then The whole adaptor setup . . .
    Last edited by PJT; 06-14-2020 at 07:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links