Mark 23 + Acro Question
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dms16

Thread: Mark 23 + Acro Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mark 23 + Acro Question

Would someone who is capable with Photoshop throw together a mark 23 with a aimpoint acro? Just interested in how this would look, as the mk23 would seem like an ideal side base for an over-sized red dot imo. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

That's the combo I was thinking of too, perfect match to the Mk23!!!!!!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can transpose the two. I’ve been curious myself, so this wouldn’t be too far out of the way anyway.

Have you found a place that can do a direct mill for the Acro?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quick render. Should be to scale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mark 23 + Acro Question-render.png  

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is what I came up with. I took the length measurement (47mm) from the Aimpoint website. Then I referenced the serrations on the MK23 slide, which happen to be almost 47mm on the nose. I sized the Acro while constraining the proportions to the slide serration length to get the correct scale.

I placed the Acro to overlap the curved bevel on the built up rear sight area because personally, I would want more material near the slide/bolt face, and the bevel wouldn't be necessary if the sight was mounted.

I wasn't sure on the depth (assuming a direct mill type attachment), so I eyeballed it.

Mark 23 + Acro Question-mk23-acro-l-2.jpg

Mark 23 + Acro Question-mk23-acro-r.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone for taking the time to render the pictures! Much appreciated.

The acro seems to be a decent sight, but the battery life seems to be a real issue. The enclosed emitter is a plus however.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm curious is this would work

https://hkparts.net/product/red-dot-...ize-p18898.htm

not saying it will fit, because I do NOT know the cut on the Mark 23

But if it does, it's $50 for the mount and then just bolt up the RDS...

DO NOT own a Mark 23 so I can't even guess. just thought I would post this one up.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKrankenwagen View Post
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to render the pictures! Much appreciated.

The acro seems to be a decent sight, but the battery life seems to be a real issue. The enclosed emitter is a plus however.

For reference, it's not really "oversized"...just well...it's fugly. If the lines of the RMR were extended, the dimensions are all with in 0.1" for the overall footprint. It just looks cumbersome on every pistol...might as well be on an already cumbersome pistol like a MK23

The battery life thing is what it is. Unless you're strapping on the leather every day as a copper, don't worry about it. Turn it off when not in use, change them every 6 months and have spares. I know you're not going to daily-carry a Mk23...so let's not pretend it's for CCW. The fact that you can change the battery without removing the optic is nice.

I've got like 6 or 7 RMR's and the sight picture of the ACRO is freaking awesome. Zero distortion/fish-eye like with the RMR. The ACRO is optically superior to the rest...but obviously that comes at cost(s).

The closed emitter is nice but it's not as big of a deal as some might think. One RMR has been heavily abused for 3+ years now and the lens is scratched all to hell; exposed to a lot of rain, etc. I can still meet or exceed several pistol standards with it despite the slightly degraded sight picture. 2-second Bill drill, 25y no-fail, 5-second FASTest...all doable.
    LCSO264 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    I'm curious is this would work

https://hkparts.net/product/red-dot-...ize-p18898.htm

not saying it will fit, because I do NOT know the cut on the Mark 23

But if it does, it's $50 for the mount and then just bolt up the RDS...

DO NOT own a Mark 23 so I can't even guess. just thought I would post this one up.
    The ACRO fits onto a dovetail with a cross-slot. The RMR/Holosun has their own footprint; The Delta Point/Sig has their own footprint. That's what's F'ed up about pistol RDS's...no standardization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    For reference, it's not really "oversized"...just well...it's fugly. If the lines of the RMR were extended, the dimensions are all with in 0.1" for the overall footprint. It just looks cumbersome on every pistol...might as well be on an already cumbersome pistol like a MK23

The battery life thing is what it is. Unless you're strapping on the leather every day as a copper, don't worry about it. Turn it off when not in use, change them every 6 months and have spares. I know you're not going to daily-carry a Mk23...so let's not pretend it's for CCW. The fact that you can change the battery without removing the optic is nice.

I've got like 6 or 7 RMR's and the sight picture of the ACRO is freaking awesome. Zero distortion/fish-eye like with the RMR. The ACRO is optically superior to the rest...but obviously that comes at cost(s).

The closed emitter is nice but it's not as big of a deal as some might think. One RMR has been heavily abused for 3+ years now and the lens is scratched all to hell; exposed to a lot of rain, etc. I can still meet or exceed several pistol standards with it despite the slightly degraded sight picture. 2-second Bill drill, 25y no-fail, 5-second FASTest...all doable.
    Yah, its about the same size as an RMR with the space filled in, but appears to the naked eye much bigger.

It would be nice to not have to manage the battery, or worry about turning it off at the end of a range session.

I wonder how the ACRO compares to the SRO in terms of sight picture, but pretty good I'd imagine.

Sponsored Links