USP Elite match weight and red dot mount advise.
Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By ToyCop
  • 5 Post By Doc44ga
  • 1 Post By Guyanaman1963
  • 1 Post By Doc44ga

Thread: USP Elite match weight and red dot mount advise.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default USP Elite match weight and red dot mount advise.

Hi Friends,

My first post in a while. Want to add a match weight to my Elite 45 and possible a red dot to it.
    What are the recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
    "Look sharp, keep fit and make good decisions" B.P.Fife

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I haven’t seen a Elite milled for a red dot. Due to the tapered slide, I’d probably try one of those mounts that replaces the rear sight before I attempted anything else. I use a Merkle weight on my Elite, but they aren't always easy to find.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I’ve got a weight on mine. Not sure it does as much as you’d think. It sure looks cool but don’t expect night and day improvement from it

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

I bought the EGW bracket and it had to be cut down because of the way the elite slide is made. To me the weight finished out the pistol. Without the weight the Elite looks like it has a long nose. With the weight it looks sleek and completed. The weight adds a little balance. But as @Toy Cop said, it is not a world of difference. But every little change that helps you to become a better shooter is worth it in my opinion.

Doc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USP Elite match weight and red dot mount advise.-06167756-a250-40c5-a8c6-943939436f71_1593434032692.jpeg   USP Elite match weight and red dot mount advise.-471c29c7-ec89-48e2-98aa-b28f7d4ec4ea_1593434293341.jpeg  

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc44ga View Post
    I bought the EGW bracket and it had to be cut down because of the way the elite slide is made. To me the weight finished out the pistol. Without the weight the Elite looks like it has a long nose. With the weight it looks sleek and completed. The weight adds a little balance. But as @Toy Cop said, it is not a world of difference. But every little change that helps you to become a better shooter is worth it in my opinion.

Doc
    I agree, anything that helps you become a better shooter and builds your confidence is a plus.

Doc, I really like that set up! Looks amazing and as you said,”finished it out”.
    Thanks,
    M.
    GuntherRommel likes this.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty, When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Thanks @Guyanaman1963

Doc
    Guyanaman1963 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. Doc that is sweet looking elite!! I'll shoot for something that looks like that ;)

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc44ga View Post

Doc
    I'd be much more comfortable cutting down a mount than experimenting with a slide. I would think the machining and optic plate done by L&M would work since it's only the top portion of the slide that I can tell is different. I'm going with fiber sights on my Elite. Too chicken to do any more than that.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

I agree. I did not want to cut the Elite. If the bracket broke or got messed up in the process I’m out $50. If the slide got messed up I’m out a WHOLE lot
    More.

Doc

Sponsored Links