Are their techniques for the VP9SK slide release a magazine drop
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By SCPK
  • 2 Post By Jslow

Thread: Are their techniques for the VP9SK slide release a magazine drop

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Are their techniques for the VP9SK slide release a magazine drop

I am wondering is there any techniques for releasing the slide, I see that if I reach underneath with mine non shooting hand and pinch it with my thumb and forefinger it releases real easy. if I try to use my thumb there's not enough Leverage. So I'm just wondering if there's any videos or any techniques that I'm not aware of.

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Don’t use the lever and slingshot the slide.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

There is no secret technique 😉 I don't know anything about your physical situation but it could be a matter of A. Practice (some folks just need to work more at learning the leverage points) or B gaining some hand strength. Depending on how new the gun is it may loosen up some over time as well. In the meantime as the other poster said, sling shotting the slide should work.
    WolfieRules and Zeabned like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What do you mean by sling shot the slide

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Grabbing the back of the slide where the slide cuts are pulling back and releasing quickly allowing the slide to move forward as designed by its own use of the recoil spring. Your VP9sk will also “auto forward” if you slam in a new magazine. It’s totally not “recommend” to do this by most and it does take a bit of force to allow it to happen but it’s kinda cool. I can’t advise it as proper use/technique though. The “standard” methods are the sling shot method or using the slide lock/release lever. Some people do use the thumb of their non-dominant hand to release it when obtaining a proper grip. You do know your VP9sk does have a release/lock lever on both sides right? Keep working with it until you find what works for you. As you practice the sling shot method let go of the side after pulling back!!! Don’t keep your hand on it or you’ll “ride the side” and this could cause a malfunction. I would also advise taking a pistol training class if you can find one near your area. Even those of us that have been shooting most of our lives take classes from time to time. Always a good, wise thing to do from a reputable instructor.
    Last edited by Jslow; 07-06-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    Zeabned and ToyCop like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you for your comments I've been shooting for years mostly 1911s and have never come across this problem where my thumb would not release the slide, when my VP9SK slide locks back it is so tight I've tried to use my thumb and it will not come down I need use both lovers on either side at the same time then I can release it that's why I said do you use your non-firing arm to reach underneath with your two fingers and Pitch it down. And I was just wondering if there was new techniques that's all. And even old dog should probably go back to school occasionally

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It’s negligible between my single-stack 1911’s vs. double-row HK’s, but yes there is a (slight) difference.
    Do you have other double-row mag pistols?
    Are you shooting the 13/15/17rd mags?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TANKERFRANKMP5 View Post
    Thank you for your comments I've been shooting for years mostly 1911s and have never come across this problem where my thumb would not release the slide, when my VP9SK slide locks back it is so tight I've tried to use my thumb and it will not come down I need use both lovers on either side at the same time then I can release it that's why I said do you use your non-firing arm to reach underneath with your two fingers and Pitch it down. And I was just wondering if there was new techniques that's all. And even old dog should probably go back to school occasionally
    I have noticed my sk lever was harder to manipulate than my full size, but it did loosen up

on the slingshot, the little "ears" on the back of the slide are handy grip points as well. I squeeze the slide between forefinger and thumb and pull. The ears are excellent for that particular grip (I think they are officially called "charging supports")

Sponsored Links