Another P9S added today
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lamont

Thread: Another P9S added today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Another P9S added today

So I have acquired another P9S this morning and need some help with it. It is dated 1976 and has no import marking. The manual is in German and it has a police holster. Any clues where this might have come from would be appreciated. It seemed like a good buy fir $800.Another P9S added today-577ae572-48b6-4d14-8297-7849990a1dde.jpegAnother P9S added today-7d2dccfd-5bc5-4451-a773-5d2e72979562.jpeg

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It looks like a police import from the markings on the slide next to the serial number. I am not an expert on these markings, so AGG would be the one to ask. Looks like you got a good deal on it, but I recommend you send it to James to have it looked at as the buffer is likely history.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by landseer View Post
    It looks like a police import from the markings on the slide next to the serial number. I am not an expert on these markings, so AGG would be the one to ask. Looks like you got a good deal on it, but I recommend you send it to James to have it looked at as the buffer is likely history.
    Nice acquisition--- I cannot answer the police import question!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice, wish I could get that lucky.
    P30L v3
    P2000 v2
    HK45
    USP Expert

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Good buy for that price:

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Another source for information on these pistols is @Lamont .
    HK - No Compromise

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Another source for information on these pistols is @Lamont .
    If you download the pic and blow it up, two 'batwing" stamps are faintly visible. So, imported surplus gun. Why it's not marked per ATF I have no idea, "could" have been a private import by a GI but the odds are vastly against that. The last time large numbers of these were imported and sold in bulk into the states was back in the 2004-2006 time period. Southern Ohio Gun selling many of these as I remember although they may not have been the original importer. Occam's Razor answer would be that it IS import marked but the OP missed that, past that it could be that the importer had a few hundred of these and messed it up when he was marking them all and skipped this one. $800 is about right.

ANY P9S you buy that you are going to shoot, unless you can do it yourself, it needs to go to James for buffer inspection/replacement before shooting. If that buffer is trash and you start shooting it the next thing that will be trash is your sheet metal frame.
    GuntherRommel likes this.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

It's an early German Police Trade In, that at some point someone has replaced the original trigger guard with the later "Navy" model. When these pistols come across my bench, the common trends are light surface rust and gunk build up in all the places that can only be reached with a complete disassembly, as well as recoil buffers that are completely rotted. Be sure to at the least, check the condition of the recoil buffer.

And here is the link to my video review of the P9 series that you will find helpful to educating you on the pistol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiWA7dZk8hE&t=3640s
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Sponsored Links