Will I miss a 40 or not look back?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Will I miss a 40 or not look back?

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Will I miss a 40 or not look back?

I offered my .40 USP FS up at a LGS and they offered a fair price, adding a few more for the UTL. I have had it for some 20 years. Never one hiccup and It shoots great. I feel the .40 is still a very capable round but the ammo costs of the 9mm have it stay at home more than others. I think evidence is clear .40 is no longer the king it was. Ammo still in stock during times of panic buying. Hence my curiosity on offering it up.

Age old question: Will I miss/regret selling this gun? I have regretted; Hk PSP with threaded bbl, Early numbered NightHawk 1911, 2" Colt King Cobra high polish. Not sold for high profits just moved on to others. My VP9 gets all the range carry time due to ammo and that DA portion of the trigger. The DA first shot has always been a challenge but respectfully it taught me a lot shooting wise. I contemplated adding a LEM trigger but lucky me my older version requires more cost for milling out a section. I'd be looking at $165 if i choose to LEM and the Tritium has fizzled.

My first instinct was go for it while 40 is still marketable. What would Hk Jesus do?

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

HK Jesus will cast you out! Rebuked! .40 no longer King? and too expensive to shoot... Such blasphemy brother! You should have offered it up here to the flock. I still find .40 S&W Federal White box at Rural King for $16 for box of 50. I grabbed 2 last boxes there off the shelf last Thursday. 40 ammo is still is stock because the unwashed masses want 9mm Glocks! And no ammo for them! Where is the LGS you speak off?
    Last edited by HK Glaeubiger; 07-08-2020 at 09:25 AM.
    Punisher and UnivPD like this.
    "Be a Believer!"

SP5K (2) w/ consecutive #s
    USP 40 V3 AA (LE trade-in)
    HK45C (Made in new Columbus, Georgia Fabrik) - Carry
    P30S - Carry
    VP9 - Carry
    VP9 Green (daughter claimed it)
    VP9 Tactical LE
    Benelli M1 Super 90

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I think we’ve all been there before. The regret will be there. If the need of $ is not the reason, don’t sell it. Keep it in your fleet. It’s an HK!! The .40 S&W is not dead.
    Last edited by Jslow; 07-08-2020 at 01:05 AM.
    Punisher and pistolfan like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

One buys 9mm because it's cheaper, he buys .40 because it's a more capable round. .40 is not dead any more than .30-06 is dead. The round has it where it counts more than 9mm so that is no reason to sell it.
    It's an HK, nuf said.
    You've had it so long it's like an old friend.
    You'll regret selling it.

I had a USP40, used it in USPSA competition. It was boringly reliable and a soft shooter that made major easily with my reloads. I sold it when I was through with it because I already ccw'd a compact 40. That one, yes, I regret selling.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks all well that was quick! I think I will keep it :) I had my doubts but it seemed like a fair price at $650 (with UTL). I do have some "connection with it" being a former duty pistol.
    wallew likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    Thanks all well that was quick! I think I will keep it :) I had my doubts but it seemed like a fair price at $650 (with UTL). I do have some "connection with it" being a former duty pistol.
    Speaking of the UTL, if you would like to sell it give me a shout.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Keep it unless you need the money for rent or food! I wouldn’t sell a gun right now if I didn’t have to. Especially not a GOOD gun. I like having multiple calibers so that there’s always some ammo on the shelf for me... 9 mm gone? .357 Mag gone? .45 gone? It’s cool, I see boxes of .40 that want to come home with me.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks but UTL definitly stays with the USP, although i would recommend one. I have yet to update the bulb. Maybe this will get full spa; LEM trigger, new sites, LED bulb.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

40% more lead,same velocity And similar kick as 9mm. Keep it. Win,win,win

Ammo cost? Next time ammo costs drop buy 3,000 rounds and don’t worry for the near future

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The only .40 I still have in the stable is my hk .40 usp tactical. I would not sell it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links